Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Take it one day at a time...

(3 posts)
  1. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Aug 14 2011 20:15:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I keep seeing the posts that are happening and the amount of pain and fear that people feel--and I share! I also feel geniunely bad for everyone.

Some thoughts that are keeping me sane:

1. One Day at a Time. I can only do what I can do today. If I'm thinking about my long term plans and feel myself freak out, I stop unless there's something I can do right now.
      2. One Thing for Me Each Day. My life didn't stop because I have bugs. Right now, I am trying to relax enough to write, even a paragraph. Even just surfing the non-BB net. Something free of bugs, some time spent on something I love.
      3. Breathe If you feel your thoughts racing and you can't see a solution, stop. Breathe. You may not be able to solve it fast, but you won't plan well if you're not able to stop and catch your breath.

I hope this helps. These are the things that are helping me start to accept this and understand that I can deal with it.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Aug 14 2011 23:32:30
    #

Login to Send PM

This is good advice, AandS. You need to take good care of yourself right now, and then you will be able to deal with this. You'll get through it.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 15 2011 8:42:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Amen.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,413 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams