(6 posts)
  1. worriedels

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jan 1 2017 18:23:07
    #

Login to Send PM

http://m.imgur.com/a/x4dys

Hopefully you can see these pictures. I started to become worried a few nights ago when I noticed a very small black bug crawling toward me on top of my comforter as I was reading in bed. I tried to get a closer look at it, but it disappeared. I looked with a flashlight, but found nothing in the area where the bug had been. After some googling, I looked again the next day and saw this stain on the lower left corner of the sheet (opposite side from where I sleep). I did read the primer on blood spots, but I still couldn't tell if this was more rust colored or brown. Ant expert or experienced guidance would be greatly appreciated.

2. worriedels

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jan 1 2017 18:47:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I think I have fixed the imgur issues now. Thank you for any help!

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jan 3 2017 11:00:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The colour of the stains indicated oxidised blood and thus not confirming of bed bugs. Please see the primer linked below:

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/new-blood-spots-on-sheets-primer

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. worriedels

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jan 3 2017 12:51:16
    #

Login to Send PM

David,

Thank you so much for your response. So if I unde correctly, I should not test the stain with Bed Bug Blue?

Thanks again,

worriedels

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jan 3 2017 13:24:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If there is any level of red colour you don't test with blue. In your case it's red.

David

6. worriedels

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jan 3 2017 17:25:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much for your response. I am still curious to know what it is, but your answer comes as a huge relief. As to whatever was crawling, I saw another little insect crawling on my blanket last night. When I reached toward it, it flew away. So, I still don't know what it was (a gnat?) , but I know it wasn't a bed bug. Down here in Florida, we see many, many insects.

Anyway, again, thank you so much.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956