Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

suspicious bug! found in hair at night! INSOMNIA!

(3 posts)
  1. ewwwwBUGS

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Mar 10 2011 0:15:31
    #

Login to Send PM

I found a bug in my hair about 20 minutes ago, when i walked out of my bed to go to the bathroom. I saw a bug about 1/2 inch long and threw it away as fast as possible! It is the middle of the night and I don't want to wake anyone up about it either! Plus I am freaking out about bugs now because my room is VERY messy and cluttered and I have clothes all over the place...etc. I have insomnia...on a school night! Just what I need! Anyways it was light brown and was just hangin out in my hair...right next to my face. I haven't seen any marks...and how do you know if you're itchy if sometimes its just that weird itchy feeling that isnt caused by anything? Like now I'm experiencing shivers just thinking about bugs crawling all over my room when I sleep! Sorry I am ranting on and on about this! I just need help on what kind of bug it is, how harmful it is, and methods to get rid of all bugs without hiring an exterminator!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Mar 10 2011 2:29:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bugs are not as big as 1/2 inch long. Nor are head lice. (Please see my previous comment in response to your other post here.)

"Getting rid of all bugs" isn't really a manageable goal. Instead, you should try to determine what bug you saw. Cockroaches can be 1/2 inch long and while they don't typically hang out on people, it's not unheard of to have one crawl on you momentarily. Some might be described as light brown.

If you have cockroaches, I understand gel baits (used per labeling instructions) can be quite effective. If you are renting, in many places, landlords provide monthly spraying (whether required by law, or just as routine maintenance).

This is really a site about bed bugs, and we can't help with other pest problems, but if you still have the bug, you can take a photo of it and post it to a free photo hosting site, link to it from here, and then someone can probably identify it for you.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. steelwheels

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Mar 17 2011 15:08:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I live in the country and that said, bugs have never been a problem for me. For me though, this problem is not normal for me either. As a matter of fact when it started, Monday morning before dawn and I felt something on my hand, I causally reached over w/ the other hand an w/o turning on the light plucked it off and said to myself, 'Self, we'll just check this out when I get up'. A short time later another one and I took it to the bathroom to check it out, then went back to the nightstand and found the undistinguished, crumbled mess and compared them and they were not even remotely the same, but this is how the fun begins. That was Monday morning and I cleaned my house as though possessed. Today was the first day I actually got something tangible on my sticky traps; going TO the bed! But they look elongated like a kind of food roach or a beetle Brownish/gray w/ light area between the head ad abdomen. I got a fairly good sleep after that 48hr burst, but last night slept about a hour and a half. I'm just getting ready to go back to work after back surgery and w/ no funds left, all I can afford to do is clean. It's just the fact that w/ 'Bell's Syndrome' (still got my sense of humor), rearing it's ugly head any time you think about it you itch. After I did manage to sleep the first time I awoke w/ my left ankle swollen w/ what seemed to be small white raised bumps in clusters. Also swelling in my hands due to two fresh bites on my right and one on my left (the kind that look like a little blood bruise)
    I've always considered myself a more than rational person, I can't imagine what it would be like...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,394 posts in 50,185 topics over 156 months by 21,932 of 22,432 members. Latest: Ladybug1993, PROJECTD168, Kimmmie46