Supersteamer review Polti Cimex Eradicator

(3 posts)
  1. bitemeanddie

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Thu Dec 13 2018 8:00:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Measuring the temperature from the Cimex eradicator shows its much better than other steamers Ive tried. However:

1. Some folks complain the hose breaks easily and Polti is not helpfull.
    2. You still have to work very slow in order to get to 60 C killer temperature. You can work twice as fast with the Polti Cimex Eradicator than using Nilfisk or Kätchner smaller steamers.. Ive measured it using a IR thermometer.
    3., You have to add water fairly often.

In general: Its overrated and too expensive. Its not generating as much heat as the Polti folks says. On the other hand it kills with not too much chemistry.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Thu Dec 13 2018 9:03:34
    #

Login to Send PM

1. I've never had a problem with the hose, I've been using mine for about two years.
    2. Yeah, the work is slow, it's a steamer. 4 inches per second dry steam is way better than 1 inch per second wet steam.
    3. "Fairly often" is a relative term. I'm able to do my work without being delayed by the steamer, if I need to add water it takes about twelve minutes to cool and another twelve to heat up. If you have to aperture wide open it will decrease the amount of time you have on the gauge in the optimum heat range, and you will of course run through a tank of water much quicker, but I usually run with mine open no more than halfway.

I think it's worth the price, I use mine just about every week and have yet to have any issue stated in the above post. I think it takes some time to get used to using this steamer, and the above review was not from someone who uses it on a regular basis and has bothered to figure out what settings work best for their needs.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Thu Dec 13 2018 10:10:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I often use the car analogy to explain it to people:

• I could buy you last years NASCAR winning vehicle but it does not assure success next year
    • Just because you can drive a car does not automatically mean you know how to drive a super car

Like all tools it takes a little getting used to and I would always advocate for the role of experience in solving bed bug issues. If you have access to someone who knows what they are doing with it and who has been trained by someone who knows what they are doing its simply the best tool on the market, if there were a better one I would be using it.

However, the time it takes to learn to use it correctly is not something that self-treater have in their favour.

To answer your points:

• 1/. Yes, until I learned to coil them smoothly I broke a few of the outer pipes but tape and sugru are quick fixes
    • 2/. Fastest option out there because the higher heat actually penetrates because of the steeper thermal gradient
    • 3/. I often get 20 hotel rooms or 10 domestic rooms out of a single refill and when / if I am caught short the depressurisation takes a few minutes and about 10 - 12 to reheat during witch time I am usually back from a cigarette break and time to step outline and relax my eyes from the up close work

Would I advocate that most people owned one? No, I think its far more effective for people to have access to people who are trained and experienced at using them and working with bed bugs. In the abscence of that yes its a tool I would recommend if you have an advanced or repeat issue but not necessarily as an essential must have tool.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,655 posts in 49,519 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982