Super-bold bed bugs?

(5 posts)
  1. DontWannaBeBugged

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Mar 11 2012 7:55:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I live in an apartment building that had a unit with bedbugs. The exterminator has confirmed I do not have bedbugs in my mattress, box spings, couch, etc. The monitors have caught nothing. No bites on me either. Yet I told him I see the bugs (alive) every now and then on a wall. He didn't believe me until I showed him one after having captured it on a piece of tape. I've seen them by vents and even in the bathroom. He said that was very unusual to actually see them. People here have said it was unusual to see them too, since they are good at hiding. I thought it was weird myself. But I saw one more this morning by a vent and had to post.

Let's assume I'm not hallucinating. If our building does have super-bold bed bugs, what can I do to prevent them from entering? Are there any recommended sprays I can use around the vents to help keep them out of my unit? This site seems reliable and if such a thing exists, I would like to give it a try based on feedback here.

2. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Mar 11 2012 8:04:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Remove the vent covers and cowling over utility penetrations, apply dust into the open void (NOT into the HVAC duct) then seal the void opening with a suitable weatherstripping type material.

Hope this helps ! pb

3. DreDay17

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Mar 11 2012 21:07:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I just find it funny that the exterminator considered it unusual for you to see them. These are not microscopic creatures lol.

4. blargg

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Mar 12 2012 6:36:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Are you 100% sure they're bedbugs?

Yes? Maybe a neighbor has an overflowing infestation.

No? Get it confirmed by posting a pic here.

5. lsdrg706

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Mar 12 2012 7:01:24
    #

Login to Send PM

blargg - 24 minutes ago  » 
    Maybe a neighbor has an overflowing infestation.

That's what I'm banking on, based on what was said about where they were found. Or maybe a neighbor fogged.

More to the story with the attached units, me thinks.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,305 posts in 49,236 topics over 152 months by 21,584 of 22,005 members. Latest: Robbysee, Elephant88, Nobugsplsto