Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

SUPER ANXIOUS please help.

(7 posts)
  1. bbanxiety22

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Jul 20 2014 13:31:32
    #

Login to Send PM

So, I knew that my boyfriend's apartment has bed bugs, and I have been cautious so I don't bring them home. Last time I visited I actually SAW these buggers INSIDE his comforter (dead - because he washes the comforter).

I need someone to tell me that
    1) I'm not gonna die of anxiety
    2) I'm not going crazy
    3) With proper precautions it IS possible not to bring these suckers home.
    (I bag my clothes and wash the crap out of them as soon as I get home, I check my shoes, I shower as soon as I get home, I have passive monitors all over my house, when he visits I bag his clothes too) etc. etc.
    4) PACKTITES are expensive - SHOULD I BUY??

It's been a year probably and I still don't have any signs of BB in my house with these precautions.

Please tell me I will be okay.

2. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Jul 20 2014 13:50:48
    #

Login to Send PM

1) You won't die of anxiety if you take some deep breaths. I went to my doctor when I went through my bed bug anxiety and she prescribed some anxiety medication for me. This may not be something you want to do, but don't feel bad about yourself if you do.

2) You are NOT going crazy. I felt like I was going crazy until I found this forum and so many wonderful people here who knew exactly how I felt.

3) It IS possible not to bring them home with you. Read this FAQ: http://bedbugger.com/faqs/travel/. Also, you don't need to wash the crap out of your clothes. Just throwing them in the dryer on hot for 20-30 minutes would work. Remember, heat is what you are looking for. Before I knew I had bedbugs I went to plenty of friend's houses and never transferred them. Of course, once I found out that I had them I took all of the proper precautions.

4) Yes, the Packtite isn't cheap, but it gave me peace of mind. Only you can decide whether or not it's worth the investment.

Breath - we're all here to help you.

3. bbanxiety22

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Jul 20 2014 14:11:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you. T.T

4. acs80

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Jul 20 2014 14:36:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Totally agree with buggyinsyracuse. I am almost 100% positive that my ex boyfriend brought the BBs into my home from his apartment when he moved in with me, but he had been coming over to my place for months and months before actually moving in, and presumably had been doing so from an apartment that was infested. It was only when he brought all of his belongings and furniture that the infestation began. So I'd say yes, if you're taking precautions, it is possible to keep them from coming into your home.

Any possibility of your boyfriend moving? Sucks to hear that he's had them for a year - is he actively trying to get rid of them?

5. bbanxiety22

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jul 21 2014 18:50:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Unfortunately my bf lives not in the best apartment complex nor is it owned by the best owner.. Even if he actively tried to get rid of them, it would be pointless if the neighbors/owner would not follow through. He would eventually move out / in with me.. not soon, but eventually.

When that day comes what precautions should we do? He most probably will toss out his bed (it's such a cheap bed anyway, plus it's super worn out)... will probably just bring clothes, other misc. stuff, and electronics. No furniture or anything. I'm thinking of purchasing a packtite to decontaminate once he moves in...

What do you think?

Btw thank you ALL for this community.. helps me keep sane.

6. Losingmymindinmoncton

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Nov 11 2016 16:08:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I understand how you feel....since this bedbug
    nightmare began, I've had severe anxiety all
    day long.....I feel itchy all over and I'm terrified
    Tthat we will never get rid of them! My husband thinks I'm overreacting and doesn't
    seem to think that having bedbugs is a big deal....which makes me feel worse and very
    alone in dealing with this....I wish I could
    give you a big hug cause I know how awful
    you feel
    Best anxiety relief: An orgasm (I'm totally
    serious).....excercise, deep breathing, avoid
    caffeine......you will be okay! You can't die from anxiety although I know it feels like
    you could!

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Nov 12 2016 1:38:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Losingmymind,
    You are responding to a post from two years ago-- the OP isn't likely to see this response and has hopefully gotten rid of bed bugs.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,455 posts in 48,828 topics over 151 months by 21,440 of 21,843 members. Latest: Beardface, BugBrosHauntingMe, brokengarage