Sunday morning survey

(18 posts)
  1. controlfreak

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 24 2010 8:20:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello all,
    So i have been curious about how come these bugs should leave signs around but most people don't see adults at all.. I figured an internal poll is in order...
    1.) Did you ever see an adult BB during this experience?
    2.) Did you only see nymphs but no adults?
    3.) How many of us have only strange bites but no bug, blood stain, fecal signs?

2. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 24 2010 8:41:03
    #

Login to Send PM

saw two adults....first one was large and the second was not as large

never saw blood or fecal stuff ...never saw babies..

did get strange skin reactions after treatment...don't think it was bug related

did get bites but found some flea looking creatures...specimins not confirmed yet..

did get skin reactions but found some carpet beetle laravae -- alive recently (like 3 weeks ago or so) -- specimins not confirmed yet.

3. The Reluctant Entomologist

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 24 2010 9:10:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Ah, you are after my own heart. I'd been thinking about doing such a survey myself because I hear all of these horror stories in which people actually see the suckers and was wondering how common that was.

1) Never saw adult bugs, neither live nor dead. (My tenant, who was the original bearer of bad news, did say he found a harborage near his bed -- once he did the annual shoveling of his living space. I never asked if they were adults, but he wasn't exactly the brightest bulb in the chandelier, so I'm going to guess they would have had to have been for him to notice. He found them in a small item that he could have easily sealed in a plastic bag, but no; he just tossed it out front in the trash).

2)Never saw nymphs (or eggs, for that matter) -- again, neither live nor dead.

3) I was the other way around. (Only saw fecal stuff. Didn't react to bites, though ever since then I scrutinize every single mark on my body and wonder, "Is THAT one? Is THAT?")

4. Sleepless in NYC

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 24 2010 9:11:42
    #

Login to Send PM

DeedleBeetle - 28 minutes ago  » 
    never saw blood or fecal stuff ...never saw babies.

Hi Deedle,
    Did you ever find cast skins and did you have bites prior to seeing the adult bbs?

5. toledo

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 24 2010 11:25:05
    #

Login to Send PM

1. I have never seen an adult bed bug.
    2. I have seen at least 8 nymphs (confirmed by PCO).
    3. I had bites 2 months ago while in one bedroom, blood stains 3 weeks ago while in another bedroom, and a cast skin (confirmed) and blood stain last week in a third bedroom.

6. bug-tired

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 24 2010 11:50:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, but only recently - I saw one adult male and one adult female.

Until recently, I only found nymphs.

3.) How many of us have only strange bites but no bug, blood stain, fecal signs?
    All of the signs were there for me to see once I broke out of my denial.

7. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 24 2010 11:54:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Sleepless in NYC - 2 hours ago  » 

DeedleBeetle - 28 minutes ago  » 
    never saw blood or fecal stuff ...never saw babies.

Hi Deedle,
    Did you ever find cast skins and did you have bites prior to seeing the adult bbs?

hey sleepless..

i never saw any cast skins. i did get bites without seeing anything before my treatment. in otherwords, i got skin reactions before my treatment...i saw one bb (large and filled with blood) before my treatment. After treatment had skin reactions i think were associated to the chemicals used. I should add that before treatment i believe i ALSO had skin reactions to cp larvae hairs....and recently i had three bb reactions (two on left heel and one on left calf) after finding the one bb feeding on me in bathroom. I also had what i think were cp larvae hair reactions (and i beleive i've caught a couple of live larvaes and i did find some dead larvae under couch recently) and i believe i also had some fleas which bit my ankles....(no more ankle bites....in fact no more type of skin reaction for almost 3 weeks).

oy

8. Sleepless in NYC

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 24 2010 12:05:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Poor Deeds,

But you're skin irritation free now. yay!!!

9. PANewBugger

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 24 2010 12:39:20
    #

Login to Send PM

1.) Did you ever see an adult BB during this experience? - We found several adults.

2.) Did you only see nymphs but no adults? - A few during treatment process.

3.) How many of us have only strange bites but no bug, blood stain, fecal signs? - We were getting bit but thought maybe it was fleas or something else. Then, started to get blood stains on sheets and found a few fecal spots. Then, PCO came in and found adult BB to confirm the infestation.

10. shann1530

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 24 2010 15:03:13
    #

Login to Send PM

i've been a lurker on the forums since my BF and i started getting bit about 3 weeks ago when we moved into our new apartment. i figure that responding to the survey might be a good way to jump in...

yes, found one adult BB immediately after treatment by PCO. it is the only adult we've seen so far.

we initially only saw nymphs (4-5 of them) in the couch until after the treatment took place (see #1)

found fecal stains in the couch, but we had already seen the live bugs by then so the discovery was kind of a moot point.

11. controlfreak

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 24 2010 17:38:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Himmm... To me it looks like combined with other posts so far it seems people see more nymphs then adults?.? Isn't it strange? They are smaller, lighter color... I also feel like there are several posters who have not seen any bugs but have bites and marks on sheets. It is like they are ghosts...

12. ClutterFree

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 24 2010 18:24:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I did, although at first I didn't know what the heck it was. After learning what to look for and where, I found 2-3 under the mattress tufting. And, oh, how even talking about this is giving me the heeby-jeebies again.

Near as I can tell, I saw every stage of bb except for eggs at some point after discovery and just before treatment.

I had strange bites for, seemingly, months before I saw anything. However, looking back I realize that I had fecal stains that I thought were something else like blood from a burst pimple (yeah, I know) or a pen stain.

13. The Reluctant Entomologist

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 24 2010 18:40:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I have to admit this is freaking me out. I'd been writing this whole rant in my head against the idea that we should be worried about walking around with nearly invisible bugs stuck to us, asking, rhetorically (or so I thought?) whether the baby ones were the only ones stupid enough to be out and about on a walking body in broad daylight.

I'd never think to be on the lookout for something that tiny if I wasn't seeing the adults. What gives?

14. Callisto

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 24 2010 19:13:23
    #

Login to Send PM

1) Saw four adults during the whole experience: One on my hand during the night I first realized I had them, one dead during prep the next day, one addled one while vacuuming 2 weeks after treatment, and one on a box of stuff I'd put into storage in my Dad's semi-trailer. None since my second spraying almost 2 months ago. (Probably a lot more; my PCO ripped out the baseboards that were their main harbourage and KILLED THEM ALL! I vacuumed them up, but I didn't look too closely. Me = insectophobe)

2) Saw a few adults but OODLES OF NYMPHS! My apartment was vacant for a month before I moved in, so I've come to the conclusion that the bugs were dormant at first (Cousin slept on the floor in the bedroom a few days after I moved in, only had four bites) and so all the eggs must've hatched in the interim -_-*. THEY WERE SO STARVING THAT THEY WERE STUPID! ARGHLBLARGLEBLARG!

3) No signs period. Not even when I knew that there was ONE hiding out for two weeks with nothing. I've had some strange skin reactions, but it's mostly flesh coloured welts/ patches of welts that only last 24 hours tops. My bite reactions were Abomination!red and didn't start to subside for a week, leaving red pinpricks behind for at least another week or two. So these skin reactions are very atypical for bed bugs.

15. SearchandDestroy

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 24 2010 19:33:39
    #

Login to Send PM

1 - saw a dead adult after treatment
    2 - saw two running nymphs that were reddish...man, they are lightening fast and small!
    3 - saw 2 cast skins before treatment...still confused about fecal stains but as someone else said, it was a mute point.

16. iseriouslyneversleep

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 24 2010 20:03:37
    #

Login to Send PM

agh this is so discouraging. i have had an all clear from one crap pco. two expert pcos and their dog, but by reading this forum the general consensus i get is "if you are getting bites and can't see whats biting you, even if you have had an all clear and never seen a shred of evidence or one bug, you have bedbugs and are basically fucked forever."

depressing.

17. scaredsilly

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 24 2010 20:53:47
    #

Login to Send PM

1. So far, no. I thought I had but bug I posted seems not to be one.

2. I may have seen a few nymphs in a screw hole under my cedar chest, and one crawling on clothes I was packtighting from my daughter's dresser. I did not save them so can't confirm.

3. I am one of the unlucky folks with bites, bloodstains, no bugs. This is what is so scary. They are like poltergeists. Today, two more pin-prick bites (one on calf, one on chest), but empty climb-ups.

18. controlfreak

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 25 2010 14:00:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Anybody else??? Monday survey???

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,690 posts in 49,530 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982