(7 posts)
  1. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Apr 13 2015 19:16:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Happy to see clear non bedbugs stated as such my non pro's as it helps diffuse anxiety.

Might also be helpful to embed some examples images to illustrate clear differences so people can easily compare. I am pretty sure Lou and I both have open sharing and embedding on FlickR.

I will start doing it more when I am in the office but I am often posting via a phone in the UK evening / small hours so it's not easy to do.

Just a suggestion.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Apr 13 2015 21:04:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Good idea.

Rather than doing it in the forums, we can make these into FAQs if you send me the links and the permissions allow for embedding?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Apr 13 2015 21:16:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Awesome Idea .
    Then the obvious none bedbugs posts could be directed to FAQ information as well comparing their bug all in one step..very nice

4. battlinbugz

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Apr 14 2015 16:14:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Love the idea and the FAQ implementation.

Not a pro. I have some knowledge and a success story, both thanks to this site.
  5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Apr 14 2015 16:30:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Here is my FlickR bedbugs album:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bedbugsuk/sets/72157634967512613/

All the images there should be set so that anyone can embed. As always if any of the images are of use to this site let me know and I will dig out the full resolution versions.

David

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Apr 14 2015 16:39:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, here's my link
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lou_bugs_pix

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Apr 14 2015 19:30:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, Lou and David.

David, I thought you were suggesting some side by side images of bed bugs and various species?

So really, there's more need for suggested samples for comparison.

We can use user submitted photos here IF they are on flickr and allow embedding (some don't). If you see ones which should be a FAQ, please flag them and I will work on it. Of course, I can start with the beetle from the other day.

If you instead want to submit some non-bed-bug photos, I can use those.

We do have a few FAQs of this kind already (one using a spider beetle photo from Lou, another with a not-very-good book louse cell phone image submitted by a user).

Thanks!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

276,126 posts in 45,452 topics over 138 months by 19,969 of 20,732 members. Latest: Ganonthecannon, Cass2369, Oceanside06