Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Sugar, Yeast and Water trap. Experience?

(7 posts)
  1. goingbuggy57

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 16 2015 13:28:30
    #

Login to Send PM

This adventure began about a week ago for me. I'm getting chewed up but have yet to find any evidence of BB's (or anything else, for that matter).
    Since I'm not really in a financial position to spend hundreds of dollars just to even confirm IF I have them, was considering the sugar water yeast trap idea. But I want to know - has anyone had success with this? Also, did it attract ants? I'm not exactly interested in adding another bothersome creature into the mess.
    What about the alka seltzer trap idea? Any success ?

Thanks for any help *fingers crossed*

2. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 16 2015 15:33:51
    #

Login to Send PM

A CO2 trap is only going to work in an unoccupied location. Have you considered setting up a monitoring system? I wouldn't waste your time with the 'alka seltzer' gimmick.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  3. goingbuggy57

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 16 2015 16:22:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you elaborate on the "monitoring system?" I don't know that I've heard of that yet

4. distressed

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 16 2015 16:50:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I tried the sugar yeast thing, didn't catch anything. I'm not sure if that is good or bad? I think I've found fecal but not sure, so I'm going to try and buy a pactite monitor.

5. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 16 2015 17:47:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Monitors are classified as 'active' or 'passive.' Interception devices that go under the legs of the bed require you to be the bait. If you go to my profile, you can see an example of an active monitor. Some work better than others, and it's usually the marketplace that determines whether the product is successful or not.

6. distressed

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 16 2015 18:36:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Jim do you have any reviews on your product?

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 16 2015 19:31:04
    #

Login to Send PM

jim danca - 1 hour ago  » 
    Monitors are classified as 'active' or 'passive.' Interception devices that go under the legs of the bed require you to be the bait. If you go to my profile, you can see an example of an active monitor. Some work better than others, and it's usually the marketplace that determines whether the product is successful or not.

Sorry, Jim, but you cannot use the forums to market your product in this way.

It's true that the marketplace determines whether products are successful or not, but in this case, it has to be said that you are the only person so far who has told us your product works.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,668 posts in 49,313 topics over 152 months by 21,611 of 22,037 members. Latest: Jaded48, ctd2289, N52B30AE