Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Suffering for 5 months NO EVIDENCE. PLEASE HELP!

(3 posts)
  1. losingit12

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Oct 10 2012 11:19:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I will try to keep this short. My husband got back from a work trip where he stayed at a hotel in May, noticed he had A BITE a few days later and it lasted weeks (scabbed up due to his itching.) We assumed it was a spider bite. About a week later, i had single bits on almost every limb of my body. They are white mosquito like bites that itch. When I scratch them they turn red and welt up and last for about an hour or two- then they dissapear completely. We had an inspection ASAP. The PCM said they found a bright red nymph. The only problem was our blanket was red fleece so he kept thinking they were nymhps but they were red fuzzies. But he said he for sure thought this was a baby bed bug. I didnt get a look at it bc he "squished it." Then we signed contract with them and paid the huge amount for them to start treating. They came out about 7 times and the longest we went without bites was two weeks. We actually went out of town and i got bit on the ride home! we were gone for 3 days (at the end of those two weeks) so it could have been a delayed reaction?? I havent found ANY secretion or blood or bugs. My son has also been bitten, single bits and one triangle pattern on his butt. I always had single bites but now get a triangle pattern sometimes. The triangle bites are spaced about two inches apart though, usually on my thigh or stomach. The PCM has since refunded our money as the problem only got worse and they werent able to find an ifestation anywhere. I made an appt to get heat treatment but they are hesitant. The company manager says its hard for him to believe the previous company even really found a bug since they were okay refunding me my whole amount. I have done nothing but research and cannot find an explanation. The heat company says that since my bites dissapear after a couple hours it is completely not consistant with BB bites. My son had bites before tho and they lasted about 2 weeks...I am at a loss and I am scared the dogs will false negative (ive heard of this happening!). Does anyone have any advice as to what it could be? MAnager says they would be coming out of the vents or be very visible by now if we had them...i thought that since PCM was spraying every week maybe they were keeping it contained but not getting rid of completely??? Dont know what to think or do. Is it Bed bugs? Anything helps!! THANK YOU!!

2. GTFOBugs

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Oct 11 2012 11:56:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Have you considered them maybe being something else? Fleas, carpet beetles etc? Also, if you live in an apartment or a joined dwelling it (whatever is biting) may be coming from elsewhere. Maybe set out glue traps and see if you can trap anything on them. Not sure those work for BB's tho, but there are passive monitors that you can use for them. Good luck and sorry this is happening to you.

3. Letsbeatit

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Oct 12 2012 21:06:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello, losing it. I have had the same problem but the so-called "bites" have been smaller. They seem to come and go. I had to leave a lightly infested townhouse unit because since at least September, 2011, the bb's were coming in through the walls and the upstairs bathroom vent. The next door neighbour had been negligent and let the prob get out of control. Since March, I've been living in an apartment, while the PCO tries to get rid of the problem which has now spread in our row of townhouses. Our place seems clear but now there are units on the other side of our neighbour who have them. Anyway, since I moved to this apartment, I have seen nothing, but I still get little bite-like reactions now and again. For the longest time I thought I must have them and then I decided to calm down and just watch for signs, other than on my skin. Nothing. There are so many causes of bite like reactions so maybe I am clear now. Maybe I am just so hyper-sensitive to the way my skin reacts now that I have been through this ordeal. I find that trying to remain calm and not jump to conclusions and just assess the situation (with magnifying glass, glasses and flashlight in hand) maybe I can get through this.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,917 posts in 50,062 topics over 155 months by 21,886 of 22,374 members. Latest: kslone1006, Hex999, Gauned