Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Success Stories

Successful elimination of Bb's. Sharing experience.

(7 posts)
  1. Priyadalal

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Sep 5 2015 23:15:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Writing this post to help others and share my experience. I know when we had bed bugs, any post here that said they got rid of Bb's gave me hope. So here it is.
    Last summer my daughter brought back these blood suckers from her boyfriends house. We didn't realise it untill it was too late. I don't know weather to call it mild Infestation but i was seeing a few on the cieling. ?
    I have never seen a bb before in my life so it took some time to figure out what these were. Anyways after i did i ran to walmart and got a spray for bb. Sprayedit blindly all around my bedroom. Well it didn't help.
    Called exterminator and he gave an estimate of $ 599 with no guarentee.By now i was so freaked out that i spent every single minute on the internet and bedbuggers forum. Got some good insight on these blood suckers.
    So anyways after much research and sleepless nights decided to do my own pedt control.
    Ordered a bed bug kit from a DIY pest control company and prepped the house for the for treatment.
    Washed all linen and every single clothing we owned.
    Bought shark steamer from walmart and steamed the crap out if sons crib.
    The bedbug kit came with cimexa dust,a bellow duster,Temprid SC insrcticide and 2 cans ofbedlam plus. I also bought gentrol concentrate which breaks the life cycle if bb i think. Like they can't reproduce of sonething.Bought mattress protectors from walmart for $ 49 i think.
    So used these products as per instructions that came with the Kit and did thd first application pretty throughly. And even though we saw a few dead Bb and a few live ones aftef first treatment, nobody was getting bit anymore. We did the second treatment just to be on the safe side and its been a year since we hsve seen any bb's. Thanks almighty !!
    Took a few months for me to drop my constant checking everything and i mean every speck and spot to see if it was a bb.
    Anyways i hope this helps soneone that you can get rid of these suckers.

2. buggedoutinAB

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Sep 5 2015 23:48:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for sharing! Gives people like me who are still totally paranoid some hope that this feeling will eventually go away.

3. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Sep 6 2015 15:20:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for sharing! I also bought one of those kits. It takes a lot of research but there's advantages to DIY done right. Namely it's your house so you know where all the nooks and crannies are. Congrats!! Sounds like it had been a fairy minor infestation.

I'm not an expert just a dumb struggling bed bugger like every body else.
  4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Sep 6 2015 23:00:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story!

I have now moved this to the Success Stories forum.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. ChinUp

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Sep 7 2015 9:58:10
    #

Login to Send PM

This was on the same lines as what I did. Our first bb was found a year ago. I immediately did everything you did but minus pesticides. I wasn't sure they were gone at first because of itchy welts that kept appearing on us in April but there was not visual evidence otherwise. I went with Temprid and DE after that and the welts ceased.

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Sep 7 2015 10:02:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I also bought gentrol concentrate which breaks the life cycle if bb i think.
    Unfortunately, this doesn't work like it does for cockroaches.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  7. Priyadalal

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Sep 8 2015 22:59:43
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 1 day ago  » 

I also bought gentrol concentrate which breaks the life cycle if bb i think.
    Unfortunately, this doesn't work like it does for cockroaches.

I bought it because the website had listed it as pretty effective tool for Bb's.
    Wasted $ 17. ? oh well !!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,704 posts in 49,532 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,143 members. Latest: shawnpayne1982, JaphaSundog, Missdebra2323