Success, or dumb luck

(6 posts)
  1. JM

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Jan 11 2016 15:54:43
    #

Login to Send PM

We brought BB back from a hotel in early July. We had 2 inadequate (bug bomb) treatments in July, then a move, during which our items were stored for 2 months.

In September, all our stuff came out of storage into our new home. That night, we found a live BB.
    2 weeks later, we got treatment from a better PCO. Follow-up treatment 2 weeks after that.

So our last confirmed BB bites were in July. We last saw a BB in mid-September and haven't seen any proof of their presence since then (no BB, no fecal stains). My husband had one definite insect bite in mid-October, but we have no proof that it was a BB. It's been almost 4 months since physical proof of BB presence. I think I am ready to declare our house BB-free. What do you think, experts?

We did a lot of wrong things at the beginning. We managed to stumble out of this situation (hopefully) despite ourselves, and despite the fact that we live in a country (France) with very poor BB treatment protocols and pretty clueless PCO's (even the "good" ones).

So I don't claim to be BB-wise, but I have learned 3 things:
    1) It can happen again, and if it does and the infestation "takes," it will be hard to find good professional support here in France.
    2) It is possible that you find the last surviving BB in your house. I really didn't think that could be, but I'm finally starting to believe that that's what happened to us in September.
    3) BB make you crazy. And if you're already crazy, they make you crazier.

I know very well that I might be back here, but I'd still like to thank everyone now for all the help, especially Lou for his rapid-firing identifications., and Nobugs.

I hope that my "success" story gives others hope. Sometimes you do everything right and you still have the problem. But you will eventually prevail, either because you grit your teeth and gut it out, or because you catch a break. Hopefully both, for all of you.

2. diebugs2014

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Jan 11 2016 16:28:15
    #

Login to Send PM

JM - 32 minutes ago  » 
    We brought BB back from a hotel in early July. We had 2 inadequate (bug bomb) treatments in July, then a move, during which our items were stored for 2 months.
    In September, all our stuff came out of storage into our new home. That night, we found a live BB.
    2 weeks later, we got treatment from a better PCO. Follow-up treatment 2 weeks after that.
    So our last confirmed BB bites were in July. We last saw a BB in mid-September and haven't seen any proof of their presence since then (no BB, no fecal stains). My husband had one definite insect bite in mid-October, but we have no proof that it was a BB. It's been almost 4 months since physical proof of BB presence. I think I am ready to declare our house BB-free. What do you think, experts?

We did a lot of wrong things at the beginning. We managed to stumble out of this situation (hopefully) despite ourselves, and despite the fact that we live in a country (France) with very poor BB treatment protocols and pretty clueless PCO's (even the "good" ones).
    So I don't claim to be BB-wise, but I have learned 3 things:
    1) It can happen again, and if it does and the infestation "takes," it will be hard to find good professional support here in France.
    2) It is possible that you find the last surviving BB in your house. I really didn't think that could be, but I'm finally starting to believe that that's what happened to us in September.
    3) BB make you crazy. And if you're already crazy, they make you crazier.
    I know very well that I might be back here, but I'd still like to thank everyone now for all the help, especially Lou for his rapid-firing identifications., and Nobugs.
    I hope that my "success" story gives others hope. Sometimes you do everything right and you still have the problem. But you will eventually prevail, either because you grit your teeth and gut it out, or because you catch a break. Hopefully both, for all of you.

Sounds like success to me. I am happy for your family, I need to read these success stories, glad you blessed us with your wonderful news.

3. BugaMeBugaYou

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Jan 11 2016 17:22:58
    #

Login to Send PM

When I hit 4 months out (I'm trying to be upbeat and optimistic here!!) I think I'll be doing a happy dance in the middle of my bed... just sayin'
    Sounds good to me from everything I've been reading/cramming!
    (I swear hours a day...I'm like a dog with a bone when there is something I have to learn about!)

I am a certified Herbalist, Aromatherapist, and Reiki Master Practitioner who is working toward a PhD in Natural Medicine but above all that I'm just a Mom obsessed with learning about Bed Bugs. Here to comfort and support some of the lost, panicked, and frantic until expert help can arrive.
  4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jan 12 2016 1:56:36
    #

Login to Send PM

JM,
    Thanks so much for sharing your success story.
    It means so much to me and I know it means a lot to those who come later and see it.
    All the best to you!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. BugsUpInFlames

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Jan 13 2016 22:15:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I still pop in here every now and then....congrats on your success story!

Formerly BeenBuggedMidoriBird
  6. tripturnedintoanightmare

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jan 14 2016 11:20:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm glad to hear that you're now bb free JM,this must be such a relief.
    And I totally agree on your opinion on PCOs here in France (not knowledgeable about BBs at all) so its really hard to get rid of them when you have an infestation.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,816 posts in 49,812 topics over 154 months by 21,801 of 22,267 members. Latest: Purplebrain, MrBedbug, Pioneer47