Success @ 60 days

(7 posts)
  1. bedbugphobia

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Apr 29 2013 20:28:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm declaring victory! Last night made 60 days since the last treatment, 62 days since the last bite, with no bed bugs, no bites, no evidence - NOTHING! I think I can safely say they are gone but I'm afraid of jinxing myself.

I followed the PCO guidelines, threw out some furniture (it made me feel better, I know I didn't have to), and washed and dried everything. Kept a regimen of different house clothes, different bed clothes, different street clothes. Yes, this means there was a lot of laundry, but I'd rather do laundry than deal with bedbugs. I vacuumed like a crazy person (at first I vacuumed daily, all corners and baseboards and room perimeters) every day for two weeks. Boy was I tired. After month 1 of no bugs I relaxed a bit and vacuumed weekly. dusted with DE around the entire house. bought a packtite and now I packtite all bags, jackets and shoes weekly. Bags are put in a ziploc every day.

I also bought BBAlerts and installed them on all beds. So far, no evidence of anything.

I'll keep the regimen of bagging everything when I get home and changing clothes, and weekly inspections.

Keep hope alive people. I'm finally sleeping again. It can be done. At first it felt like day 60 couldn't get here soon enough. Looking back, it wasn't hard. it just required commitment.

Good luck everyone!

2. bedbugphobia

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Apr 29 2013 20:34:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh yeah! I am so grateful to everyone on the site who helped me through this. You don't even know who you all are, but I am thankful for the stories which lessened my isolation, and the experts who had no problem letting me know i was behaving crazy when I was over the edge. The FAQs are great and truly knowledge is power and the key to eradicating bedbugs.

3. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Apr 29 2013 21:12:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for coming back. Glad to hear you are doing well.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Apr 29 2013 21:57:45
    #

Login to Send PM

What TAOT said! Good luck to you and thanks for sharing your success story.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. seeingspots

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Apr 30 2013 18:16:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Good for you! I hope I have a success story to share too.

6. arianacassie

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue May 28 2013 15:22:28
    #

Login to Send PM

So happy to hear !!!!!!!!!!! I came back on to see if you had passed the 60 days ! after you posted on my success i had to come and offer my congrats!!!!

7. OnceBittenTwiceChi

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue May 28 2013 17:09:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Great post - thank you so much! Glad to hear you were able to get rid of the critters with a minimum impact to your sanity and daily life. It gives all of us hope!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,897 posts in 49,843 topics over 154 months by 21,812 of 22,278 members. Latest: jls954, bedbbg, Bolshoibooze88