Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Storage Stuff: what precautions should I take?

(2 posts)
  1. AshamedandScratching

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Dec 1 2011 18:31:12
    #

Login to Send PM

So, I've reached the part of my voyage where I want to fetch things from storage and I'm wondering what precautions are realistic?

AT this point, both items in the unit and in my home were treated and inspected in the same way. Majority were packtited and sealed in ziplocks that were sealed in plastic bins I taped shut. I consider myself bug free (hence the success story), as the stuff I unpacked and retreated has not given me any problems and no signs of bugs on passives or me. My real risk factors in my stuff at the storage unit(meaning both are open & unbagged) are the TV & side table I kept it on. I didn't have time to disassemble and treat the side table.

I want to go back and bag both. (Dispose of the TV safely as possible. Seal the table up and store it for 18 months,) I also want to get my makeup and some other supplies. The the stuff in storage will be repacktited/reinspected upon arrival here.

What precautions are necessary for me to prevent carrying something home on myself?

Should I have a set of clothes & shoes I change out of in a box and treat post haste or just have a separate outfit?

I plan on having a second set of garbage bags at my door to bag anything I bring in until I have time to reinspect it.

2. AshamedandScratching

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Dec 2 2011 12:32:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I think what I'm really asking is if I should follow protocols for visiting an infested space or protocols for a space that is at risk, but not confirmed.

Any advice?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,659 posts in 50,009 topics over 154 months by 21,868 of 22,349 members. Latest: fightingback, Jenloaa, pleasestop