Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Resources

STOP press - something of value [Kindle bed bug book by David Cain] for free !

(12 posts)
  1. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Sep 24 2012 10:20:03
    #

Login to Send PM

OK folks, I have just gotten my head around the new Kindle systems and processes and want to shock the world by offering something useful for free (if you are a Kindle user that is).

Between Sep 25, 2012 and Sep 27, 2012 you will be able to download and read my book "bedbug beware an easy to understand guide to bedbugs, their prevention and control" for free.

Although the Kindle format does a few odd things with a few of the graphics 99% of the book remains int he same format and readable.

If this goes down well I will invest the time to get a better Kindle version and may even work on an electronic version 2 although to be honest the book was well ahead of its time and 98% of it is still accurate and up to date.

I will only be promoting this offer via BedBugger.com to see what an impact the site has on eBook readers.

Please post and comments or suggestions for its contents below.

Enjoy reading.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  2. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Sep 24 2012 10:38:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I was also ahead of my time and bought it from amazon.com...the kindle version for my android smart phone. There are some issues with the pictures on the Kindle version, but the information is excellent. Thank you for writing it.

Of course, it's more discreet to read a Kindle version vs. a book version...trust me...the coffee shop clears out when you are reading anything with BB in the title.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  3. bbstalker

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Sep 24 2012 13:05:47
    #

Login to Send PM

The purchase price is 9.99 at Amazon. How do we go about getting the free download? Thanks!

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Sep 24 2012 13:27:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The free download comes into effect for 3 days as of the 25th. It is also enrolled in the KDP select library so you can borrow copies as part of your monthly library subscription.

I will try and sort out a link tomorrow when I find it but I am not a Kindle reader myself as I already read far too much on screens.

David

5. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Sep 24 2012 13:48:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I think you have to have Amazon Prime "to borrow". I used to have it. I will try again tomorrow. I think it was more than 9.99 when I bought it, but I may be wrong. It was worth it.

6. Paranoid12

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Sep 24 2012 20:27:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't have a Kindle, but I have the application to open Kindle books on my computer. Hopefully, it will let me download this as well. I'm curious as to the information.

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Sep 24 2012 21:19:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I changed the title to make the topic clearer to others.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  8. elainew

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Sep 25 2012 0:59:01
    #

Login to Send PM

You can currently borrow it for free with Amazon Prime.

9. elainew

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Sep 25 2012 2:07:16
    #

Login to Send PM

It was an easy read. I downloaded as I was typing my previous post and have just finished reading it. Thank you for the book.

It is interesting, but I wouldn't recomend paying the $9.99 for it. It has no information on thermal treatments which are supposed to be the best and most thorough. This is important information. Also, I have read that bb sniffing dogs that are fed only when they find bed bugs are not a reliable way of finding bed bugs. A warning about that would be good to add to the book. It also doesn't cover the wide range of treatments that different companies use. This would be a good add-on to a future book. But all in all a good read. Thank you.

10. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Sep 25 2012 3:03:54
    #

Login to Send PM

It was written as a introduction to the key issues not a thesis of all I know.

You also need to appreciate that 2008 was a less knowledgeable world in terms of bedbug products and technologies.

However I would dispute the assumption that thermal is the best solution, it's a tool which has its place and failings. In London we don't use it due to costs and simple fact that if you are picking up bedbugs on a regular basis the lack of residual renders the process ineffective. It's a great tool in controlled settings and asset decon but its ease causes secondary issues in terms of personal responsibility in the long run.

Either way the book is about getting the message out there in a clear simple format, yes it may cost the same as a fast food lunch for two but it could save an exposure to bedbugs with the step by step inspection guide.

David

11. bbstalker

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Sep 25 2012 15:02:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Silly me, I didn't note the start date for the free download. Got it now - thanks David!

12. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Sep 25 2012 15:46:11
    #

Login to Send PM

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,552 posts in 49,285 topics over 152 months by 21,598 of 22,023 members. Latest: TW20, MyAccountHere, eldina714