Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Stomach turning

(6 posts)
  1. OutOutDarnBugs

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Mar 6 2009 10:35:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok, so I'm trying not to freak out. But that's being hard.

So, when I got to work this morning, there was a single, small, white welt on the back of my right arm. This is the second one of these that I've gotten this week (the first one was a few days ago, on the outside of my thigh). In both situations, the area was completely covered while I slept... I know that bugs can bite under clothes, though, but these seem like they are very far away from any openings of clothes/riding up of clothes.

Anyway, the welt has now gone down to only a red mark (this also happened with the one on my leg). There's still no itching. I went to the nurse (who also saw me when I had my first big outbreak in December, and correctly suggested "Maybe they're bed bugs..."), who said "these don't look like your first bites, it looks like a mosquito bite." It's true, it did... and these ARE very different from my first bites. But I know bites can change.

The last time I saw definite signs was 5 weeks ago (I saw a nymph). Since then, KQ has come back (he treated me before, too) and sprayed Phantom, which should still be in place- I haven't washed anything. I keep inspecting on a weekly basis, but I haven't seen anything. Everything is still in ziplocs, bed linens are washed every 3 days. The LL hired PCO is coming on Sunday to inspect and spray Phantom again. Anyway, I'm trying not to get scared and to stay calm but this is so incredibly hard!

2. bitten123

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Mar 6 2009 10:39:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, none of us can tell you for sure, but given these areas were covered by clothing I think it is pretty unlikely they are bed bug bites. Your skin may be overly sensitive now (my sure became that way) and you could be getting reaction type bites to clothing, chemicals, or stress. Hopefully with all the sprayings , you should be cleared up soon.

3. losingit

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Mar 6 2009 12:20:38
    #

Login to Send PM

It's also possibly old bites flaring up.

4. OutOutDarnBugs

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Mar 6 2009 14:44:44
    #

Login to Send PM

That's true... I never noticed bites on my legs before, but it's totally possible that these are suddenly coming back for some reason or other. Urgh! I hate not knowing!

5. miserableone

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Jul 9 2010 10:19:46
    #

Login to Send PM

old bites can flare up??? what makes that happen?

6. miserableone

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Jul 9 2010 10:20:40
    #

Login to Send PM

sorry didnt realize this was an old post

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956