Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Still no evidence

(13 posts)
  1. freakingout123

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Feb 2 2018 7:34:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm still waiting on another professional inspection but in the mean time I did another search of my bed myself. I completely searched every square inch of my mattress, box spring and metal frame. I found absolutely nothing! So I put on homemade climb ups with baby powder (with talcun) under each bed leg and I still woke up to itchy bumps on my neck. What is the deal? I'm so frustrated. I cannot find anything still after over 2 months. No fleas or bed bugs. I also searched my sons bed/ frame and he still woke up with a bite on his face. I just don't get why I can't find anything.

2. thirdusername

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Feb 4 2018 13:54:43
    #

Login to Send PM

If you haven't already, get mattress and boxspring encasements.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  3. freakingout123

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Feb 4 2018 16:37:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I want to but before this started we were planning on getting a whole new bedroom set. I don't really want to spend the money to just throw them out in a couple weeks. Would it be stupid to still get a new set and encase it? Or should I wait till I know for sure what's "biting" me?

4. thirdusername

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Feb 4 2018 18:59:27
    #

Login to Send PM

You need to ask your PCO.

I was told to wait until after the 1st treatment when I said I was getting a smaller bed.
    I put the mattress in a moving bag and threw it out.
    I gambled on the frame and assumed the treatment killed anything on it so I just threw it out unwrapped.
    My new encased mattress and frame were treated 3 times.

5. freakingout123

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Feb 5 2018 7:58:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I did ask my pco. He said it was up to me. I'm not sure I can trust his advice. He's willing to treat without any evidence beside my bites.

6. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Feb 5 2018 11:47:39
    #

Login to Send PM

When will it be time to pursue other causes? Seems like you've exhausted the bed bug/flea idea.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  7. freakingout123

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Feb 5 2018 15:50:46
    #

Login to Send PM

The time is now BigDummy but I have no clue where to even start. What else could it be? Any suggestions? I'll take any advice. I'm stuck on bed bugs because I know from experience that they are very hard to find. I've been through this before 8 years ago. We went 3 months with getting bites, being treated for scabies before we actually found a bed bug. I go to bed with no itchy bumps, I wake up with itchy bumps. Same with my son except his don't itch. I'm lost and confused. I haven't found anything in my room. I've found ants, a clover mite and a springtrail in my sons room.

8. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Feb 5 2018 17:27:41
    #

Login to Send PM

What else could it be other than fleas or bed bugs? Maybe a few thousand possibilities. Food allergies, detergent allergies, air quality issues, mites, stress... It's a bed bug forum, not sure anyone could diagnose without actually being there.

9. bedbugsbugme

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Feb 5 2018 17:34:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Any chance you can get a bed bug sniffing dog in there? At least that would pin point where they are hiding. Make sure the handler verifies any hits.

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.
  10. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Feb 5 2018 17:57:02
    #

Login to Send PM

bedbugsbugme - 22 minutes ago  » 
    Any chance you can get a bed bug sniffing dog in there? At least that would pin point where they are hiding. Make sure the handler verifies any hits.

There aren't any bed bugs to find, don't confuse the issue.

11. freakingout123

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Feb 5 2018 18:13:18
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 39 minutes ago  » 
    What else could it be other than fleas or bed bugs? Maybe a few thousand possibilities. Food allergies, detergent allergies, air quality issues, mites, stress... It's a bed bug forum, not sure anyone could diagnose without actually being there.

Exactly, your not here to diagnose. So you can't say that it's not bed bugs. I've been through this before so I know how hard it is to find them. Like I stated above, it took 3 month to find evidence the last time I had them. I'm looking at all possibilities.

12. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Feb 6 2018 9:51:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Certainly, but I've dealt with far more cases than you and may have a bit more insight.

13. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Feb 6 2018 10:56:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Perhaps in haste though, I agree.
    There is this misconception that bed bugs "hide," I think it confuses people. They seek shelter like all creatures, the act of hiding would indicate higher thinking, which just isn't there.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

270,501 posts in 44,036 topics over 133 months by 19,282 of 19,911 members. Latest: trez1336, Aegis_, paulsinn