Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Still Getting Bites, Strongly considering Thermal Treatment

(7 posts)
  1. aballen

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Nov 11 2008 16:30:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I say Newbite's post about BB and Thermal treatment. There is a company in West Chester, Ohio (Butler County) that I just discovered. I am considering this as I continue to get at least one bite weekly about 5-7 days apart. I have not seen any signs of BB for close to a year, with the exception of bites and little tiny blood specks occassionally. The Thermal is supposed to kill anythng though. If anyone else has use it of if anyone has knowledge about it, please post. They are coming Monday for an estimate. OH! My house was cleared by a K9 about 3-4 weeks ago. I just don't know what to thin anymore.

2. BakedBedBugs

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Nov 11 2008 19:21:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Get a Second K-9 opinion before investing in Thermal. Ask for a "double blind"

Best of luck!
    Tony Canevaro

3. Mommy Hates Bugs

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 12 2008 22:43:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry, but what is a "double blind"?

4. BakedBedBugs

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Nov 13 2008 1:05:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Double blind means to bring in two dog teams where each handler does not know what the other is doing. Effectively a double blind scientific study.

The reason I suggest this is to ensure that the client actually has bed bugs before investing in a thermal treatment. I know there are bite symptoms being reported but the worst case scenario is doing a thermal treatment when the cause of the "bites" is not affected by the thermal. What happens then is usually ugly and no one wins. Perhaps the last K9 triggered a false positive?

Best of luck!
    Tony Canevaro

5. aballen

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Nov 15 2008 9:20:14
    #

Login to Send PM

The last K9 cleared my house and I got a bite that night and weekly since for the past month. We have also seen some blood spots and know BB were here in January. We have had an army of PCO's to no avail and every other type of treatment. I had Vikane scheduled for my whole home but they cancelled two days before. If anyone has another suggestion, please let me know. They tell me the Thermal will kill BB, mold, and mites. I have found mites in my home while inspecting for BB but did not save any of them as they were the least of my worry. I wish I had saved them now. I can probably hunt one down again. At a loss of what to do and on the borderline of insanity. I want my life back.

6. BugBoy911

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Jan 25 2009 1:45:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I"m sorry but to be completely honest.. You do not need a EXPENSIVE THERMAL TREATMENT if you only see 1 or 2 or what not. Your gona get taken for a lot of money with minal results. I have never needed to use anything other than a flashlight, vaccum, and licensed pesticides for even the most infested of infested jobs. These fancy bedbug treatments are a crock of crap and a complete rip off unless the customer is so sensitive to even the slightest smell of fumes that he/she needs such a fancy hypo allergenic treatment such as this. It almost like when you go to the doctor and he says you have cancer, you'll do anything he says no matter how much it costs. Step out of the box and think oabout it. Even with a K-9 if you just locate the harborage site and %90 of the time its within the room and in a crack somewhere, either in the matterase or box spring or in the frame or behing a picture, or come on now are you getting it yet!? The thing that kills me is that these companies are way to big for their own good. When %75 of your technicians don't even know whats in their spray can personally I don't know how you sleep at night. Trying to get as much money you can from a helpless human being who has a unusual problem is just plain wrong and just whats wrong with the service industry in this country. A thorough bed bug job most of the time takes 2 licensed men or at least one licensed and a helper. Bed Bug jobs are not easy to complete and you must feel comfortable with your exterminator and work with him and follow instruction. PM me with more information regarding your situation even if your in ohio I can still offer guidance to help you rid this problem most effectivley without going broke.

How many rooms are being treated? How many beds? How many people are getting bitten and how many bites do they have and were on their body? These are questions when answered will help you uncover the harborage are quicker. Have a vaccum ready just incase you see them so you can remove them quickly. Dump them into platic bags and tie, make sure no rips and throw away in trash.

7. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Jan 25 2009 10:22:55
    #

Login to Send PM

BugBoy911

I believe that the thermal treatment has already been performed. Currently, the client reports being bite free since the second application.

There is a thread reporting on her progress here.
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/aballens-2nd-thermal-treatment-bite-report

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,396 posts in 48,808 topics over 150 months by 21,434 of 21,838 members. Latest: dc8184, bedbugtoronto, stinson