Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Still getting bites after multiple treatments!!!!

(3 posts)
  1. Postpartum and Panicking

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue May 21 2019 21:27:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I am still waking up with bites after two treatments (steam, Cimexa, and pesticide spray). I would love some help on identifying what else needs to be done! The exterminator we used has assured me that we 100% don't have bugs as he was unable to find any physical evidence. However, I am covered in bites once again and he can't answer why that is. Anyone have any ideas on how I can "prove" an infestation? I feel like we have done everything right but am still suffering ugh- glad this forum is here to help!! Thanks!

2. mobert

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue May 21 2019 23:54:44
    #

Login to Send PM

If you can't find any physical evidence of bed bugs (ie droppings, shells, blood stains), then really the only way to prove 100% that it is bed bugs is to find a live one. When I had bed bugs, there wasn't a single shred of evidence even weeks after I started getting what seemed like bug bites. I found nothing, the PCO found nothing. But then purely by chance I found a live bed bug in a spiral that had been sitting untouched in my desk. I trapped it on some duct tape and only then did I have solid proof that even though the PCO found nothing, there were still bed bugs.

Have you tried using a bed bug trap? Either one of the ones that actively releases CO2 in order to lure the bugs in or the passive traps that you put underneath the legs of your bed? If there's bed bugs, then traps would give you a much higher chance of finding a live one than sheer coincidence.

And of course, if you can't find any bed bug evidence, it's always good to at least consider if something else is causing the 'bites'. Allergic reactions to household or hygiene products, medication side effects, etc.

3. Postpartum and Panicking

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed May 22 2019 15:53:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much! We have the Interceptor cups on the foot of our beds and cribs but haven’t found anything yet. I am going to purchase the passive monitors that are recommended/created by David the PCO on many of the forum posts. Have you heard of good success with those?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,771 posts in 48,891 topics over 151 months by 21,460 of 21,863 members. Latest: SimpleObserver, get_out, Dannie