Steps to take while waiting...

(3 posts)
  1. Zencowboy

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Aug 21 2018 12:49:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Back in June we discovered bed bugs in my son's room on the first floor of our two story home. We had it treated by a pest management company, took their suggest precautionary step as much as we could and tried to get to our new normal.

At the beginning of this month, I discovered what looked like it might be bed bug bites on my forearm and chest. I saw no bugs, bug feces or castings around but we did have an upholstered head board and bed frame, which in a fit of anxiety I took apart and found three bed bug casting (I believe) on one of the legs. I called pest management company (I am paying them to inspect and treat for a year) and was told no one can be here until the end of August (I called the first week of August).

I have been in a tizzy since. I have wrapped and removed the bed frame and headboard, packed everything in the room in plastic bags, washed the bedding and clothing (now stored in plastic bags). My wife and I continue to change clothes each morning before leaving the room. I have vacuumed the room and bed multiple time and have sprayed the bed with rubbing alcohol. My teen aged sons have opted to stay with their mother until this is fully taken care of, leaving two rooms in my home including the first infested one, vacant.

I feel uncomfortable anywhere in my house now. Does any one have any suggestions on how I can proceed while waiting for someone to come? Any words of wisdom on how to deal with the anxiety?

PS - I have not gotten any new bites since I moved the bed frame out of the house and still have yet to see any additional bed bug evidence outside of the the three castings.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Aug 22 2018 6:52:55
    #

Login to Send PM

It sounds like you know how to inspect for visual evidence. If so, not finding any is a great sign. Bed bug monitors may help reassure you that nothing is there. If the problem is still there, it may be very light. It’s fully possible that you removed the problem fully at this point, and hopefully the inspection will confirm that.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Zencowboy

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Aug 22 2018 7:27:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks! I think I am also concerned as the rest of the rooms in the house are vacant at the moment and the little SOBs might go dormant and show up later. Any suggestions or thoughts on that?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,988 posts in 49,598 topics over 153 months by 21,730 of 22,177 members. Latest: nadialula, Charybdea, Maria081