(3 posts)
  1. hopelessnfreakigout

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Nov 2 2014 21:29:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello.
    Thanks for reading. i am too tired to be more concise, but I'll do my best. Background: im so isolated and depressed to hell. I need my car to get to medical appts, see people, get food etc because I live with very severe chronic pain amongst other health complications and can't go anywhere because I can't use my car. I went through an infestation in my old apartment while walking my partner through cancer treatment and the stress never seems to end! I walked away already from everything I own and an old place and yet now iy seems i need to run my car off a cliff to be free.

I am getting mixed reviews of steaming cars but ordered a steamer because paying for a heat treatment on my car that "might" work in this cold weather seems too unsettling as it would be the end of the financial road and flushing hundreds down the toilet. The car has been treated with a pesticide from a professional company with great reviews although little car experience. They seemed honest and I needed that. control cs the chemical I believe. 2 sprays. If I was in the states I'd have just bought it myself for 30-$40 bucks online but here I pay over 100$ per spray for pretty straight forward application zones. seemed logical and minimal. My goodness, raid is more toxic and that's easier to get. Still infested 10 days later after last spray. How long should this take? If i use my car quickly to get to an appt will the infestation only be prolonged? I'd have to change somewhere to not infest the Dr of course. I had an option to get a steamer or a one time shot of a heat treatment but the weather is cold out and I worried about its failure with no guarantees and then left with no options. Now i worry about my steamer plan eith all yhese remove your seats instructiins. The car doors would have cool spots inside no? Have cold weather heat treatments worked for others? Re steaming only: can this be done? Ive got the vapamore 100 in the mail. Do the seats need to come out for a steam job to work? Any diy step my step thorough steam instructions online? Diy madness: Could i remove all explosives, but theoretically buy a heater, take off a temperature auto shut off whatever and bake my car myself considering the professional still leaves the outside door panels cold? I understand you don't want to encourage dangerous stuff and yes the insurance might not cover if I explode ....but logistics wise, could this work in such a small space with battery powered fans? In a professional heat treatment or with steam, can't the buggers hide in car doors and under panels? (Whoever keeps saying they rarely infect cars is not doing people favors because some of us live in cold climates where cars simply don't heat up most the year in the sun and then we have a false sense of security and spread them) Bugs are unlikely in many places, but we are all the worst case scenario peeps in here and yes I am sure I have them. 100%. ) Has anyone ever successfully eradicated them them in a car with a dry steamer vapamore 100 or hear treatment in cooler weather? With or without seat removal? Can i dry steam under wheel area and dash? I want to trust eradication companies but everyone seems really confident and yet I read stories of lone bug survivors after heat treatments and almost no cold weather car reviews. Every pesticide company was equally as confident saying the car is easy but i still have em. The car has been sitting idle and reinfestation impossible. Yet if I sit in car to test (changing elsewhere) i am still devoured. How come they arent killed by spray while coming to eat me? Being able to fight this myself would make me less paranoid to leave my house in future, but if these heat treatments in cold weather work for sure, then i want to know. We don't have Nuvian strips or viking treatments here that I know of. Id wear a mask when steaming bc of evaporating spray and would get another spray after steaming and drive with the windows down from now on. I could put more de powder on the floor but i thing they are in my actual seat as im bit on my legs, lower back and arms. Honestly, if I knew for sure the heat treatment was way way better then a steamer I might return it and do the heat treat in cold weather. I had de earth all over my car for a month and it did nothing that i noticed. Thank you all. I don't know you but am so darn appreciative of this place. I need my car to survive with my health and this is a nightmare that just doesnt seem to end.

2. hopelessnfreakigout

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Nov 2 2014 21:32:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Omg...didn't realize the length....writing on phone. Basically want first hand steam car info or heat treat info. Success stories.

3. hopelessnfreakigout

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Nov 2 2014 21:39:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear admin: is it possible to delete these posts so I can rewrite shorter and get more cold weather car treatment responses. I'm exhausted and repeated the heck out of myself.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,240 posts in 50,145 topics over 155 months by 21,921 of 22,417 members. Latest: plsnopls, Ldrago, frustrated1970