Steaming and Vaccuuming does it work?

(4 posts)
  1. Buggedeyed2017

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 29 2018 17:06:39
    #

Login to Send PM

We are ginally moving after 2 years in this buggy apartment building. Im moving with 2 elementary school aged children.

We have a bunch of stuff that we threw into sealed plastic black garbage bags back in August 2017 luckily before the infestation got worse. We are throwing out our beds and alot of other stuff.

I saw on one of the moving posts my Paul B that we can vaccuum and steam to get rid of the bugs before we move. We are also planning on sealing them in a vikane chamber if we can find one in our area. But as far as vaccuming and steaming as an extra measure for books and other items, how would you go about doing that? vaccuum every page of every book? Or steam every article of clothing you have? how does that work?

Thanks in advance

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 29 2018 19:55:07
    #

Login to Send PM

It does work, I've cleared infestations with steaming alone, but there's a serious learning curve, I would not suggest you try this method on your own. I've also added Cimexa dusting after steaming and have had good results.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 29 2018 22:49:46
    #

Login to Send PM

How to kill bed bugs using steam.. It’s hard work but can be done.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. Buggedeyed2017

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Oct 31 2018 14:00:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you guys. So BigDummy, does it work better than Vikane?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,578 posts in 46,826 topics over 143 months by 20,660 of 21,557 members. Latest: Dread Bugs, gbbedbug, BuggedOUTinOH