Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tales of Bed Bug Woe

Steam & Pesticide Treatment 1 week ago - Are they Back?!

(2 posts)
  1. HidingFromTheBugs

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue May 13 2014 8:21:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Where to begin.... December 26th 2013 I woke up with a singular bite on my torso. These continued to appear almost daily throughout my story. Over the next 4 months I went to 3 different doctors repeatedly (general physician, dermatologist, and allergist). Each doctor I went to insisted the "rash" on my body wasn't from bugs or bed bugs. They even did a biopsy of 2 pieces of skin from my leg. Everyone thought I was crazy saying I thought it was bed bugs my parents included (also my landlords). Well once I couldn't take it anymore, I called in the 1st exterminator company. I was prepared gloves in hand to get to the bottom of this with him. After opening the encasement to the box spring (that I put on AFTER the fact) eventually we saw one of these little disgusting things come crawling out. He confirmed that it was in fact a bed bug. I decided I didn't like that company's plan of action as it was only pesticide. So I brought in another company to again confirm and hear their procedures to deal with the issue. This company used a combination of steam treatment on furniture and baseboards, then used 2 pesticides pretty much everywhere else (I remember 1 was Temperid). Last Wednesday they came and treated my apartment. I cleared just about everything I could out before the treatment, including throwing away a recliner, chair, and loveseat. After ruining much of my clothes from high heat drying and finally getting everything back in closets and dressers. Now here we are 6 days later and woke up with a singular bite on my upper right arm. I thought I did everything right? The exterminator even commended me on the excellent job that we did preparing the apartment prior to his treatment. Did he do a bad job? Are they back? I don't know what to do. I have new furniture coming this weekend! I don't know how I can go through all of this again.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue May 13 2014 11:05:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Not sure about the chemicals used, but it might be that the eggs must hatch to come into contact with the poison to kill that last round of them. Call your PCO and ask.
    As for ruining your clothing, you don't need to do anything more than the regular heat setting that you use on a daily basis, that's more than enough to kill all stages of life; sorry you damaged your clothing.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

288,593 posts in 48,155 topics over 149 months by 21,218 of 21,572 members. Latest: stennisplayer07, mobert, Bedbug5594