Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Staying in a hotel when home has bb

(4 posts)
  1. Gardenshovel

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Fri May 18 2018 11:33:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I’ve sifted through 40+ posts and couldn’t find anything on this specific topic. My husband has to drive to a large city for a class he’s taking, we were thinking about getting a hotel room for us and our kids just to get away for a day. We found out we have a small infestation in only our bedroom. It took a couple days for the pest control to even find signs, nothing on our bed or in the seams or around the room. The only indicator was only me being bitten and then one being stuck to a sticky trap and we have since found a few more in the trim of the wall. Anyway, my question is would it be irresponsible to go to a hotel right now? We have them coming in 3 days to do the treatment. I just feel like I can’t live my life being afraid to go anywhere and do anything. Any advice? I just don’t want to be “that person” to spread this everywhere. Thanks!

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Fri May 18 2018 14:19:04
    #

Login to Send PM

No signs other than one bed bug in a sticky trap and a few more in your baseboards. Something sounds a little off to me.
    Where is that section of baseboard in relation to your bed?
    Any chance of posting an image of the bug?

Your belongings should be fine and ready for travel once you run them through the dryer. As long as your luggage isn't stored near your bed I would think the risk is minimal, but you may want to spray any luggage just for peace of mind.

What type of housing, apartment, duplex, townhouse, stand alone?

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  3. Gardenshovel

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Fri May 18 2018 14:43:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the reply! Our mattress was up against that wall since we moved in 2 months ago. We recently were doing some cleaning and moved our bed to a different area right before we found out.. I had been getting welt bites since about a week after we moved in and thought it was fleas (I have reactions to any bites) so we called the exterminator to come and look just in case because of what I read online. My guess is they were here when we moved in, the house is very old and in the country. They weren’t on our mattress or anything. It’s definitely a bedbug, they took the trap and identified it and called us back. I was just worried about spreading it by going out. I’ve dried all of the clothes we will be taking extra hot and will be placing them in bags to take. I just need to get out of here! Oh and yes, it’s a stand alone old farm house surrounded by trees and grass.

4. UK1306

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat May 19 2018 16:37:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I stayed in a hotel after I found bed bugs, mainly because I had exams and needed some sleep to be able to study. I put all the clothes I was taking and my holdall in the tumble dryer. I wiped and checked anything else I was taking. I puty bag in the bath when I got to the hotel just to be extra safe. It's really stressful dealing with bed bugs and if a night in a hotel lets you get some sleep I'd go for it. It was the not sleeping that really got to me

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,357 posts in 46,556 topics over 141 months by 20,532 of 21,395 members. Latest: Bedbugvaca, jidhvs1, Darrellkking