Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Starting to lose my mind.. constant panic attacks over bugs.

(2 posts)
  1. MuddaFrigginBedBugs

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri Jun 1 2018 16:42:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Me and my wife have decided to move and trash most of our belongings. We will only be taking TVs, other electronics, clothes/stuffed animals (that go through the dryer on high heat), and other kids toys, mostly plastic stuff. I was told when we had a consultation by an exterminator that it wasn’t all that bad but after consulting with people on here I was told to cancel the PCO because he wanted to use foggers that could make it worse, plus the fact we are soon leaving anyway. So we did just that.

Despite us cleaning as much as we can and packing things up while spraying them down, etc., I am still deathly afraid of taking anything with me. Most people I have talked to told me that they generally won’t hide in electronics or kids toys unless it was really bad which it hasn’t been up to this point. I’ve alreasy gotten rid of most if what we suspected to be “infested” if you’d even call it that. I still can’t shake this feeling that I’m going to bring these things with me.

I already have PTSD from issues similar to this situation, and now feel like I am reliving my worst nightmares. I am reaching out for help. For reassurances. I need people to tell me that I am not crazy and that I’m doing the right things.

Please, help.

2. Mf1616

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri Jun 1 2018 16:58:08
    #

Login to Send PM

It is possible to move and not bring them with you.

I did it, and I’m sure you will too, given you take all the necessary precautions. Sounds like you’re doing everything right. Try to calm down, you will beat these things...

For the record, I am NOT an expert.
    My advice/opinion comes from past experience(s) with bed bugs and what I have read on-line.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

282,510 posts in 47,004 topics over 143 months by 20,744 of 21,019 members. Latest: Ohnoihopenot, bedbugnitemare, C333