Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tales of Bed Bug Woe

starting to feel like we will never be rid of them

(7 posts)
  1. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Jun 12 2008 13:23:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Alright. I think that I feel that we are just keeping them at bay, not getting rid of them. Still getting a few bites, though not as many it has been almost 4 months now. Anyone ever get rid of all of them or are we doomed until we sell our place and move?
    Thanks for input, I am really sick of the laundry/plastic bag/ no stuffed animals thing!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Jun 12 2008 14:00:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow I wish I was given a few buck from everyone who said that to me. The fact is that because BB treatment is usually a long haul exercise rather than a rapid response it does take stamina.

There are loads of people who get rid of them and keep them away, I have now dealt with something in the region of 7,000 infestations in the last 5/6 years. In that time I have only help 7 house holds move to avoid the problem and it is not something I consider taking on unless:

a/ Its an essential move
    b/ you have such an allergic reaction that there are medical concerns
    c/ Its the only feasible way to deal with the decontamination

You need to keep your spirits up and remember to take some down time to forget about the problem for a few hours and chill out. As I said the other day ordering a client to go for a massage or a few rounds of golf is not that unusual for me to do if I feel things are getting on top of them.

David

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. fightorflight

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Jun 12 2008 21:02:26
    #

Login to Send PM

How on earth could you sell your place? Especially when you have stated outright that you know the infestation is not completely eradicated? Or are you planning to disclose and hope that a low enough asking price will still attract a buyer? Sorry to be so accusatory, but even if you *were* planning on selling a home that you knew might still have a lingering bedbug problem, this forum may not be the place to air that information.

Maybe you're planning on treating until reasonably sure the bugs have been eliminated and then try to sell, disclosing that there had been a pest problem, but that it was sufficiently treated? That seems the most ethical route, I think. This is a bear for homeowners, but we gotta deal, just like hotels, shelters, hospitals, dormitories, etc.

4. Adele

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Jun 12 2008 22:16:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Itchybutdealing

I'm not a lawyer - but I've recently sold a couple of properties - my condo in Jan (no bedbugs) and my father's house in March (again no bedbugs)

having gone through a couple of sales - i know that you should consider the legal liabilities that if you DON"T disclose the problem and EVERYTHNG you have done to treat it and all information surrounding it - there MAY be some very real legal liabilities and recourse the new owners may have against you

just my opinion though I am not a lawyer as I said - but I know that if I bought a property and there was an ongoing bedbug problem not disclosed to me - I would be running to the nearest battery of personal injury and real estate laywers

Adele

5. traumatized00

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Jun 12 2008 22:44:42
    #

Login to Send PM

A few months ago, I found this web site. I also thought that we would always have to live with bed bugs. This web site was more than helpful by telling me to encase all mattresses. It’s been about 3 months now that we have not seen a beg bug. I have been so thrilled and I can sleep now in peace without all the jumping and paranoid behaviors that was taking over my life. I wonder sometimes if some are still alive encased in the mattress. That’s ok no more bites are surprises. This is what I did. Encased Mattress, Sprayed with Hot shot spray in between my PCO’s visit. If anyone tries to do this be careful, that hot shot spray is very strong and I scared myself a few times. Always cover your mouth and nose, open doors and windows when spraying. I hope this help I might not be back to this forum in a while. Good Luck to all, and thanks for all that has helped me.

6. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Jun 13 2008 18:51:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, guys calm down. First of all we are not planning on moving, I just was asking whether that has been people's experience to only get rid of bbs by moving. Also I would not sell our place until we have been clear six months to a year. After that I think that it would be safe to say if someone bought the place then eventually got bites, they would have brought it in with them. Sorry to say but having put our life savings into our home we would not be about to flush it down the toilet by selling low due to a "problem." Anyways not an issue because we aren't selling.

7. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Jun 13 2008 18:53:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Also thanks for the hot shot tip, but as we have little kids we won't be using that.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,771 posts in 48,891 topics over 151 months by 21,460 of 21,863 members. Latest: SimpleObserver, get_out, Dannie