Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Standard Pest K9 inspection // Queens

(6 posts)
  1. brianinjersey

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Jun 21 2011 12:18:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Has anyone used this service? New York voted best for bed bugs...

http://www.standardpest.com

Was going to have K9 inspection done. Any feedback would be appreciated..

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Jun 21 2011 12:44:17
    #

Login to Send PM

You may find some reviews by clicking the "Standard Pest" tag above.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. brianinjersey

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Jun 21 2011 13:42:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm really having trouble finding actual feedback on speciifc companies on that link or the forum...feeling a bit overwhelmed. Can anyone point me to a specific URL link related to the best visual inspection or K9 inspection in NYC area?? One that includes that very important visual inspection to follow up any alerts the dog makes?? Sorry to be dense...

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Jun 21 2011 16:55:07
    #

Login to Send PM

I do not know which NYC dog team is the best. It would be good to compile a list of k9 firms known to do a close visual inspection for all dog alerts -- which in the opinion of many here is key -- though this would require a lot of assistance from consumers.

Doug Summers is involved with training k9s in Florida. He may know which local firms do visual inspections (you can PM him and I will try to alert him to this message).

You mention Standard-- I do not know if Standard has a K9 or if it refers people to an independent k9 team as some mentioned it did in the past.

5. brianinjersey

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Jun 21 2011 16:59:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks!
    What's the general verdict on a non-K9 visual inspection from reputable firm...waste of time, or good for peace of mind? I have no real reason to suspect bedbugs other than the occasional bite (which could be from anything, or could be allergy or odd skin irritation...I tend to fixate & also irritate such things, making them way worse). I haven't seen any bugs or any marks on my mattress and so on. In such a case do you think it'd be worthwhile just to spend the $ on a good visual inspection, rather than shelling out hundreds for a dog and worrying about efficiency/false positives/etc etc??

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Jun 21 2011 20:37:41
    #

Login to Send PM

There are some PMPs who do a slow, careful inspection, and they can do a very good job. It does not seem to be the norm. And even with this, they may need to employ monitors if it was at the very early stages.

You can find discussions of NYC PCOs NY clicking on the "NYC PCOs" tag above.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,771 posts in 50,035 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,359 members. Latest: questioning_bugger, Mikayah, maybeebedbugs