Standard Cast ID

(2 posts)
  1. La_Paranoia

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Jul 18 2018 16:06:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Note : I don't know what happened to the original post, but I somehow broke the thread while trying to edit the link in my original post... So I'm reporting, sorry about that.

So, let me start off by saying I've had bed bugs before, three years ago. I was miraculously able to get rid of them with self treatment, thanks in no small part to lurking on this forum and staying awake for days at a time following a strict regiment of clean, spray, DE, repeat, etc. With this latest event I think I might be overreacting. I might just be paranoid because I'm living in the same apartment with no bites for three years and I'm about two months away from moving.

This is my worst nightmare. I can't afford to go through this again for my own sanity, never mind the fact that I'm so close to getting out of this shitty apartment.

Anyway, I kind of needed to vent that. Here's the cast.

https://imgur.com/a/5HLxBBA

Sorry bout that last photo. That's just how I feel about now.

The cast looks weird, like it was crushed. I found it on my bedsheet today. I found one other similar cast nearly 3 weeks ago underneath my bed while doing some normal cleaning of my room. That's what started this whole thing. That and the bites.

I said I've had bed bugs before because I remember the bites. I remember the lines and the prominent red bumps. These new bites are weird. They usually come isolated as a single bite. They come in a variety of sizes, sometimes similar to a bedbug bite, being red and a raised bump and slightly itchy, other times they're small, colorless slightly itchy bumps that I can barely see. None of them itch for more than a day.

I've been bit pretty much everywhere there's exposed skin at night from my face to the bottom of my foot. Though, once or twice I had bites on my stomach while wearing a shirt to sleep. And yes, these all seem to occur while I'm asleep.

I've searched my room multiple times now, washed everything and begun some preliminary control. My room mates aren't reporting bites and they think I'm being paranoid. I hope they're right.

I should also mention I've found two carpet beetles and a single flea while doing my searches for harborages. I've not found a live bug, only the two possible casts. As for the fleas, my bedroom has direct access to the backyard and there are lots of stray cats running around this neighborhood, so I assume that's how it got in. But I have wood floors and single carpet, I've sprayed and washed everything and haven't seen any fleas since and I'm still appearing to get bitten.

Again, this is all really weird. I'm not trying to dismiss this, but some things just aren't adding up and I could use some advice.

Thanks,
    La-Paranoia in New Orleans

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Jul 18 2018 16:18:01
    #

Login to Send PM

It's not from a bed bug. I don't think it's a cast skin, but part of a body of some arthropod.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,975 posts in 49,594 topics over 153 months by 21,728 of 22,175 members. Latest: Scaredofbugzzzz, AVersicolor26626, nadialula