Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Stains on Mattress [a: not bed bug fecal]

(8 posts)
  1. Byanymeans

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Feb 8 2015 16:16:14
    #

Login to Send PM

These stains are on the top of the mattress, I have not seen them before. They have a reddish-orange tint to them. I took a picture from far back to give perspective, then some close ups.

The interesting thing is that I found a reddish-orange mark on a passive monitor on my sofa but David confirmed that it was not BB-related - now these marks on the mattress with a similar hue (note, the passive monitor on the bed is clean).

Bed Perspective: http://postimg.org/image/tbg9l45kv/

Stain pic 1: http://postimg.org/image/oeasvwcqt/

Stain pic 2: http://postimg.org/image/abtgunwqt/

Stain pic 3: http://postimg.org/image/wv40m6ia3/

Stain pic 4: http://postimg.org/image/tts94z9u3/

Stain pic 5: http://postimg.org/image/4o63hfcgt/

Here is a reminder of the spot on the sofa monitor from a few weeks ago that was deemed not BB-related:

Sofa Monitor image 1: http://postimg.org/image/wzcwinkgd/

Sofa Monitor image 2: http://postimg.org/image/ro5fv23nv/

Thank you in advance for your input...

2. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Feb 8 2015 16:43:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Not bed bug related to me. Wrong color and shape. I'm sure a pro will come along to confirm.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Feb 8 2015 20:26:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Those stains all look very orange to me so not like bed bug fecal.
    I have changed the subject header and an expert will likely weigh in Monday, if not sooner.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. Byanymeans

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Feb 9 2015 10:24:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello - Just the gentle-est of nudges to see if an expert can review this thread and weigh-in on the stains - thank you so much for your help...

5. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Feb 9 2015 11:48:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Byanymeans -  » 
    Hello - Just the gentle-est of nudges to see if an expert can review this thread and weigh-in on the stains - thank you so much for your help...

Dear Byany . . .

I know you know that I am not an expert . . . . but I'm also pretty sure I know you know, that you do NOT need an expert to ID those stains for you??????!

However, I also know that you will (hopefully) feel better after an expert gives an opinion . . . but do you really need an expert opinon for those orange stains? You have researched and educated yourself regarding bed bugs and their signs. I know your anxiety and stress are extreme due to the possibility . . . but . . . .

Anyway, have you thought about some Bed Bug Blue for these situations?

I'm not trying to be harsh . . . I'm just trying to say . . . please step back away from the edge of the cliff if there is any way whatsoever! Any new developments or steps taken on that front?

Hey! Did you get the Nightwatch?!

Hugs Byanymeans (and I'm not even a "hugger)!

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Feb 9 2015 12:56:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Confirming they are 100% not bedbug related.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  7. Byanymeans

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 10 2015 10:41:29
    #

Login to Send PM

David - Thank you for the ID.

AbsolutelyFreaking - Thanks for the hug, I can use it. I guess I sort of hit rock bottom here. I am educated enough on this to know that no one in my family has blood with an orange hue, and that blood digested from a BB will be even darker than actual blood - but logic and reason never win. And why would there be the same color marking on the monitor in another room and then the mattress - two primary dwellings for BB's? I mean, is the universe just working to destroy me... what are the chances???!!!

The experiment with the Nightwatch was quite simply, a disaster. Long story short, I bought one, received it (along with more passive monitors - in total about $500). I drove to work one day and planned to stop at a sporting goods store to get the CO2 tank filled and set it up secretly in our bedroom before we left for vacation (it had this strange Walter White/Breaking Bad feel to it).

But, upon opening the box outside my car @ the Sports store I became obsessed with thinking the box was contaminated, and also could not stop thinking..."what the hell am I doing, why did I spend this money, why am I sneaking around with this contraption, why did I risk it bringing BB's to my home and car, what is wrong with me, what have I done, this money could have gone to something for my son"... etc." I just sat there in tears and confusion.

So now the entire thing is wrapped in duct tape and trash bags in the basement - and I am convinced that it brought BB's into my basement and car, and I am awaiting their swarm. I know that Nobugsonme and others have pointed out that Bed Bug Supply is reputable and the company has also replied to my questions and told me they would NEVER accept a returned Nightwatch so I am positive mine's new, and they also never take anything back that isn't 100% sealed - but you know, logic and reason don't matter with my sick mind.

What makes this phobia/anxiety unique is that the fear is around the bug's effect on my family and possessions and that once I have them I may always have them and be a slave to this forever (which is sort of happening now anyway). So it's the tidal wave of chaos, bedlam, and uncertainty that they would bring, and not actually the bug. For example, if I saw one I would do everything in my power to catch it and kill it - with my hands or whatever I needed. Typically, with a bug phobia, say spiders, a person will shudder in fear and you could never convince them to go near it. This BB phobia is driven by the catastrophic short-term and long-term ramifications of an infestation and not the bug itself. Don't get me wrong, the thought of them crawling on us at night is gross (of course) but that's not the primary fear driver... for me.

This is truly awful, a living hell - it is quite simply the biggest personal challenge I have ever had. I have read threads on here (recently and in the past) about BB-born anxiety and phobias, and I see that although I am in a vicious anxiety cycle, there are worse cases (rooted solely in fear and not an actual problem). But reading never leads to a good outcome (that I can find)... I am teetering on being suicidal - I would never do that with a wife (who is expecting in July) and 3-year old but I yearn for my old life back - I look at friends and family enjoying their lives, traveling, buying bedding and pillows and not having a second thought - and I think wow, ignorance is truly bliss. I spend every night secretly staring at every black spec of fuzz and dust, scanning the sofas and bed for movement , shining flash lights into the cracks in the floor/ceiling, and other assorted psychotic nonsense. God how I want to take back the business trip and not be in this hell.

The last weekend in February, I have several friends from High School coming down to stay at my house to laugh and reminisce (a "guys weekend"). And right now, all I can think of is that we will need to cancel as the infestation will be apparent by then, and I don't want to send them home w/ BB's.

I know that some people have cancer, or are being burned alive by terrorists (very real, tangible horror), so I should suck it up and just stop this... but I just can't right the ship. I am not religious but one phrase keeps echoing in my head, "God help me".

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 10 2015 11:00:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Byanymeans,

I am sorry to let you know this but the site has a policy of closing threads where people discuss suicide. The forum rules explain more about this.

If you are ever feeling like you might harm yourself, please seek immediate help from a doctor or go to an emergency room. This post ("If you are feeling suicidal or anxious") offers additional suggestions.

Even if you are "only" anxious, phobic, or depressed (any of which is more than enough to deal with-- and none of which you should put up with), treatment is available. Phobias, including bed bug phobias, can be treated. Others have found help from some combination of talk therapy and/or medication. If cost is an issue, there may be low- or no-cost services available and your doctor is a good first step in connecting with those.

Please start a new thread if you wish to discuss your situation further.

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

297,225 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,416 members. Latest: Bery10, plsnopls, Ldrago