(7 posts)
  1. HaveIGotBugs2019

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Sep 13 2019 3:58:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi there,
    I’ve recently noticed dark stains appearing on our sheets. I have been away for a month for work (during which I was exposed to bed bugs, so now have a heightened awareness of what to look for) so I’m not exactly sure how long this has been going on. My partner doesn’t know either, but I have found stains on a washed sheet which means that this isn’t a case of me bringing back a hitchhiker.
    I don’t react to bites, but my partner doesn’t have any either. Maybe we both don’t react! There are no signs other than these marks that I can see, but my partner did vacuum the mattress before I got back so fast skins and debris could have been hoovered up.
    Any help with IDing these would be very much appreciated.

Not sure how the images will turn out but this is a link to the album: https://flickr.com/photos/184414232@N07/sets/72157710823070992

2. HaveIGotBugs2019

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Sep 13 2019 4:06:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi there,
    I have noticed dark stains appearing overnight on our sheets. I’ve been away for work for a month (during which I was exposed to bed bugs, so I know what to look for) so I’m not sure exactly how long this has been going on. My partner isn’t either.
    I don’t react to bites, and there are no other obvious signs although my partner did hoover the mattress before I got back so evidence could have been vacuumed away. I’m having trouble pasting the actual images so have included a link to the album. Any help would be very much appreciated!

https://flickr.com/photos/184414232@N07/sets/72157710823070992

[url=https://flickr.com/photos/184414232@N07/sets/72157710823070992][/url]

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Sep 13 2019 5:45:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Various aspects of the imagers are not consistent with the fine detail of bedbug faecal.

I would suggest you monitor which might be all that is needed.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. HaveIGotBugs2019

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Sep 13 2019 5:57:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi David,
    Thanks so much for having a look at these. I’m keeping an eye out (new white sheets, buying interceptors for bed legs). I’ve been wondering what else could have caused them? I’ve had a PCO out to have a look, we took the bed apart and found lots of carpet beetle casts in the non-vacuumed areas, but I haven’t managed to find any information about carpet beetles leaving this kind of stain. I don’t wear make up often and when I do I take it off before bed, and many of the marks are localised around my head/upper body area on the bed.

I have wondered whether it’s all in my head (the exposure on my work trip was quite traumatic - came across them in three different sets of accommodation). Stressful!

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Sep 13 2019 7:22:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If you read the posts about carpet beetles you can see at this stage they are the most likely cause.

David

6. HaveIGotBugs2019

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Sep 13 2019 12:00:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks David,
    Sorry to bother you, you've been really helpful, but would you be able to tell me what about the marks doesn't look like fecal matter to you? I have had a look at the primer on fecal matter but I'm not sure that I'm able to see the difference and am worried I'm driving myself mad checking every single spot!

7. HaveIGotBugs2019

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Sep 13 2019 12:01:59
    #

Login to Send PM

PS I should mention that this is only the ones I've remembered to photograph - some had a slight 'cross' where they had bled into the sheet

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,308 posts in 50,168 topics over 155 months by 21,929 of 22,426 members. Latest: MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo