Stain Photo ID

(4 posts)
  1. runer

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Mar 5 2013 22:51:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi folks. Had a run-in with bedbugs abroad about a year ago and definitely got an infestation between the ears, as they say. A couple stains showed up on my sheets over the last few days, leading to a bit of anxiety today, and I'd feel better having some of you take a look at them.

The first two are, unfortunately, already put through the wash. I first noticed them while stripping my bed and I didn't have the presence of mind to take photos before. They are both on the top, head end of my duvet, about a foot apart from each other. Also note the streak in the first image.

http://i.imgur.com/Mndoghx.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/36DxM0J.jpg

This third stain appeared this morning, about halfway down the length of my bottom sheet. It wouldn't smear with saliva, which I know after doing some reading in the last hour is a good sign, but I'll include it for thoroughness.

http://i.imgur.com/eo6KxZ4.jpg

Thanks for taking a look. This site was a great help a year ago and I appreciate any responses to my current worries.

2. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Mar 5 2013 22:59:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been using Bedbug Blue...not to shill for it, but it sets my mind at ease (until I ran out).

Experts will be on in the mornign.

Good luck.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Mar 6 2013 8:39:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The first two are harder to be certain about because of the wash but they do not appear to be blood as they are not "washing in" with the pattern I usually expect with blood.

The fresher sign is 100% not faecal material as the pattern is wrong but does appear to be close to oxidising blood. I would check the corresponding area of skin to see if there are any obvious signs but so far nothing here that confirms bedbugs.

You may want to look up the blood spots on sheets post as well as the FAQ's and useful tools sections to expand your foundation knowledge.

Hope this helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. runer

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Mar 6 2013 9:28:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you, David. I'll lift the mattress and do a more thorough inspection when I get a chance. I have some climbups and DE on order as a precaution, but hopefully I've just been overreacting a bit.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,433 posts in 50,192 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams