Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

stain ID/encasing sharp box spring

(4 posts)
  1. plsnobugs

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Oct 8 2016 13:54:44
    #

Login to Send PM

So as a recap, I have confirmed BBs after finding a nymph, identified by bedbugger and 2 PCOs.

PCO came in for inspection and said they saw one maybe sign on a pillow in roommate's bedroom and nothing else. Set up a treatment because...the nymph.

Had first treatment yesterday, Zenprox and Bedlam. They are doing 2 treatments 2 weeks apart, down from their original plan because the landlords. I don't know how much they treated because they didn't leave an order. They told us they saw no signs (roommate encase her pillow) They did leave interceptor traps.

Today, as I was vacuuming my mattress post-treatment, I found this. I had seen it earlier but forgotten to mention to the PCO (I was anxious). Is it a fecal stain? If so....I'm left still doubting this pest company. It wasn't hard to find. I saw some other stuff I wondered about.

Tonight or tomorrow we are encasing my boxspring and mattress. (Oh...side note...I have a wood and cardboard 'box spring' no springs. It has plastic around the corners that is essentially torn off now, but it also has some staples. How do you successfully encase that?)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/24452247@N04/29899696730/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/24452247@N04/29899696670/in/photostream/

2. misery

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Oct 8 2016 16:44:57
    #

Login to Send PM

plsnobugs - 2 hours ago  » 
    (Oh...side note...I have a wood and cardboard 'box spring' no springs. It has plastic around the corners....... How do you successfully encase that?)

I tore off the plastic. Bed bugs love hiding in that. Used needle-point pliers. As for the staples, I used regular pliers to rip them out and took a hammer to every single staple and nail left. I also ripped off the bottom webbing of my boxspring. I never encased my boxspring, but it was well treated inside and out.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  3. plsnobugs

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Oct 8 2016 17:37:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh the plastic be gone trust me

4. plsnobugs

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Oct 9 2016 16:29:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Bumping....could I get help on the stain?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,734 posts in 48,881 topics over 151 months by 21,459 of 21,861 members. Latest: NHbugs, nervousbackpacker, SimpleObserver