Special Precautions for Holidays?

(2 posts)
  1. wonttellmyname

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2014 16:14:02
    #

Login to Send PM

HI, does anyone do anything special over the holidays to take extra measures to avoid bb? Since there are social events at restaurants and clubs or other homes where we are exposed more than usual? I just found out that where I will be tomorrow, one of the hosts has bb at their workplace. I am really scared to go to their home and wish I could get out of going but I won't be able to. As far as I know they don't have bb at home.

I already decided I won't bring my coat or any bags or purse inside, and believe me if I could think of a way to bag what I'm wearing before I get in my car to drive home I would. (still working on that)

I would so appreciate any comments and suggestions! Thank you

2. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2014 16:54:15
    #

Login to Send PM

wonttellmyname -  » 
    I already decided I won't bring my coat or any bags or purse inside,

Actually I was thinking about suggesting that but I didn't want any of the professionals/experts pulling out the "crazy card" on me again. . . . but I seriously leave my coat in the car whenever I can, and I only carry my wallet into restaurants with me . . . kind of did away with a purse.

wonttellmyname -  » 
    . . . and believe me if I could think of a way to bag what I'm wearing before I get in my car to drive home I would. (still working on that)

The experts have stated that we don't need to be that "crazy" (I have seriously had the thought that that is the only way I would ever go to the movies again) . . .

However, can you take an exact "set" of clothes of what you will be wearing and change and bag in the bathroom right before you leave??? (KIDDING!!!)

Ok, since we REALLY can't do that! And I'm guessing you are in a bed bug panicked state of mind right now . . . just be conscious of your surroundings. (Pssst, don't tell anyone . . . but there was a time I wouldn't even sit . . . I stood for the whole time.) Don't be as crazy as I was. But you can (in my mind) perhaps "make the better choice" and instead of sitting on an upholstered couch or chair, maybe choose the least used kitchen or dining room chair??? That's what I did sometime to ease my crazy bed bug paranoia! (I'm sure the experts will be along to tell you I'm crazy!)

And . . . speaking of crazy . . .

Last year at Christmas I forced myself to have people over. We were sitting there eating dinner and I looked down at one of the children and his hands and arms were covered in "bites" (in the dead of winter mind you) . . . Yep you guessed it . . . full blown OMG WTF mode . . . started bagging up the whole families' coats!!!! Didn't care if they thought I was crazy and needed to be committed or not! Just wanted to protect my house! hahahaha!!

And another crazy story . . . I was actually lying in bed the other night (??Daylight should that be laying or lying in bed . . . I can NEVER get that right??). . .

Anyway, I was laying/lying in bed the other night (I think it's "lying") and was thinking about having people over at Christmas but didn't want all their coats in my house. . . thinking what the heck am I supposed to do with them? Lay them on the bed on top of each other? [insert scream] . . . so I was lying there thinking "I wonder if everyone would mind if I either (1) told everyone to leave their coats in the cars; or (2) if everyone would mind if instead of stacking all their coats on my bed on top of each other I just put each coat in its own zip loc bag and lined them up along the wall!" hahaha . . .

I would seriously do that if I didn't think they would have me committed!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,903 posts in 50,059 topics over 155 months by 21,883 of 22,370 members. Latest: Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019, aims6186