(5 posts)
  1. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Apr 4 2010 1:29:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear Forum Users,

It is against the rules of the forum to use the private message system to solicit customers for your products or services. (See the terms and conditions and this Warning.) It is spam even if the sender pretends to have nothing to do with the company in question. (Yes, I believe you can generally tell pretty easily.)

If you receive such messages, please bring them to my attention (preferably via an email to nobugs at bedbugger dotcom, or the Contact Form, though a PM is also acceptable).

I am mentioning this today because apparently someone has been spamming users about a particular cedar oil product.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Apr 4 2010 1:45:19
    #

Login to Send PM

By the way, if you received spam about this cedar oil product in your PMs today, please let me know. It would be good to know the extent of this.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Apr 5 2010 1:44:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I heard from two people -- anyone else?

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Apr 19 2010 17:57:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Update: I have heard from the "spammer" in question that he only PM'd two people and that he is not in the business of marketing this cedar oil product.

I have allowed him to return to the forums provided he only engages in such discussions on the forums themselves, and does not send unsolicited private messages pushing a product or service.

As always, if you receive private messages pushing products or services, please email me (or if you must, PM). Thanks!

5. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Apr 19 2010 18:08:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Nope.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,827 posts in 49,817 topics over 154 months by 21,804 of 22,271 members. Latest: wish2bbbfree, pedwards, Mawa316