Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Sound Logic for detection and monitoring??

(3 posts)
  1. VeryScared2FindOut

Posted 12 months ago
    Fri Nov 16 2018 11:33:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I am slowing starting to believe that I do not and did not actually have bedbugs. I have read and re read so many things but, am still afraid that I may miss a sign. So I am going to lay out some of my thoughts to see if I can get some feed back to know if I am going down a good track:
    1. I am focusing on the beds and furniture where we spend our time. It seems from what I have read...if we do have them/get them that will be where they want to be.
    2. If the marks/itches I get were bites there would also be poo evidence nearby...not in another room where I do not spend time.
    3. Speaking of possible bites and itches...which I know are not proper as a means of identifying, but would it be logical if a person were reactive to mosquito bites, gnat bites and other blood sucker bites that they would most likely be reactive to bed bug bites?
    4. And...the subject of poo...their feces would be something that would stick to a surface and not be loose or able to be brushed away.
    5. Sticky traps...I bought some sticky traps that say if you have them they will be attracted to this , come inside and get stuck. I was looking at the cardboard looking ones also but, I liked the idea of the sticky stuck catching the evidence. Are there any opinions on these ...if they do what they claim?

I'm attempting to use some logic and stop feeling like these little guys are laying in wait somewhere actively waiting to ambush me and consciously covering their tracks.

Thanks for any feedback.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 12 months ago
    Fri Nov 16 2018 12:19:56
    #

Login to Send PM

1. You don't drive two states away for dinner, you eat close to home.
    2. If it eats it poops.
    3. Not a good indicator of an infestation, not worth pursuing in my opinion.
    4. Deposited in liquid form it can be partially absorbed into some fabrics, or sit on top. Feels a little like a Braille dot, and still attached even if it doesn't soak in.
    5. I don't rely on monitors or traps all that much, nothing replaces a thorough inspection.

3. VeryScared2FindOut

Posted 12 months ago
    Fri Nov 16 2018 12:44:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks BigDummy. I appreciate you taking the time to answer. I have heard the poo being described like a braille dot and smooth...so maybe I am learning something after all. I know that is what I told myself when I moved my son's dresser and saw dark stuff peppered across the top front of his baseboard. It was sharp and did not smear...it seems the dampness issue we thought to have resolved with our bathroom isn't done...and I need to stop worrying about bed bugs. I do appreciate everyone here very much.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,663 posts in 50,011 topics over 155 months by 21,869 of 22,351 members. Latest: pleasestop, paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me