Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Sorry to be a pest. Could I get another ID please?

(6 posts)
  1. Rpyleoh

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Sun May 5 2019 7:17:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I've killed 6 of these in the last 2 days. Landlord says she thinks they're beetles but can't get an exterminator in for at least 2 weeks. I trapped a live on so can attempt better photos if needed and told how. Thanks!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon May 6 2019 4:45:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

They are adult carpet beetles.

To be honest it’s not a job you need an exterminator for just some time and a vacuum cleaner. If you read the forum posts about carpet beetles you will see a link to a solution document on my website.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon May 6 2019 6:32:02
    #

Login to Send PM

A species of Anthrenus carpet beetle.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. Rpyleoh

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue May 7 2019 5:45:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi David, Lou,

Thank you both for the response as usual, as well as the specific species! I would like to pester one more time. This bug is already dead, I stepped on it in our complex laundry room. The reason I've been so paranoid the last couple weeks is a neighbor clearly has them, throwing out furniture every day and trying to hide it from the landlord.

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue May 7 2019 6:04:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not bedbug, they cant break apart like that. I suspect its isopod but would defer to Lou who is far more experienced than me.

David

6. Rpyleoh

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue May 7 2019 6:33:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi again David,

Thank you so much! I don't think I was aware until now that they couldn't break apart like that. That will help quite a lot!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956