Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

something JUST bit me? in the last ten min?

(14 posts)
  1. NeedAValidUserName

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Jan 24 2011 13:16:50
    #

Login to Send PM

We have been fighting BB for almost 5 mos, after our last treatment the PCO found no evidence of any BBs and, after 5 treatments, really thinks we are clear. However, I just looked down and saw a small red bloody dot on my wrist! This happened. Last Monday as well but I ignored it. How do I know if I'm clear or not??? No one else in the house is getting bitten anymore.

I am quite positive I did not have that bloody dot ten minutes ago, and I didn't poke myself! And, its broad daylight.

2. DustinBBKiller

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Jan 25 2011 9:55:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Your best bet to find out if ya still have em is to set up some sort of monitors. There are a few options out there. The cheapest will be using glue boards (made by tomcat, the thin, cardboard type.) They can be set around the feet of beds/furniture. Other options are interceptors, climb-ups, or the BB Beacon. You could also have a detection dog come in as well but those aren't always that cheap.

As far as the bite it's not all that common to be bitten during the day. Yes, it can happen it's just doesn't happen all that frequently. Ask your PCO about any "monitoring" options he/she may have available for you. If not, try to glue board route. It's fairly easy, and pretty darn inexpensive.

Good Luck

3. NeedAValidUserName

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Jan 25 2011 12:17:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Are you a PCO?

I think ill to for glue traps and a BB beacon. I think there's just lole one or two hanging around.

4. NeedAValidUserName

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Jan 25 2011 12:18:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Ps sorry about all the typos. Darn BBerry. Thank you for the advice.

5. DustinBBKiller

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Jan 25 2011 12:54:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I am a PCO yes.

no problem for the typos

I know a few people here don't care for the glue board approach and thats fine. To each his own. I don't use them telling people they will take care of all their problems. I like to use them because they're cheap, easy to use and effective (in ALL of my experiences) in monitoring activity. I also never charge for them either, another reason I enjoy using them.

What I do around a bed is first make sure that no nightstands/dressers or walls are touching the bed. Then i will take 4 boards and put them around each leg. 4 boards a leg. Just make sure that the leg is surrounded by the 4 glue boards. (obviously you'll want to sleep on the bed :wink:)

I use this approach in tandem with pesticide treatments. I can't stress enough though that this is only used to watch for activity and thats it.

6. NeedAValidUserName

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Jan 25 2011 13:54:49
    #

Login to Send PM

How do I isolate/monitor an air mattress though?
    Thanks again for the advice.

I'm stumped and so is my pco, who has used pesticide and drilled holes in the walls and has found no signs of anything. I'm the only one

7. NeedAValidUserName

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Jan 25 2011 13:56:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Left in my house still getting bites (singular and in a row) but we and PCO see no signs of anything. Picked up glue today and getting beacon.

8. DustinBBKiller

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Jan 25 2011 14:36:18
    #

Login to Send PM

hmm...Interesting question. I hate air mattresses lol. Well, I suppose you could put a line of glue boards around the entire mattress although thats getting a little excessive, and silly. Is it the room that you think you're getting these bites from? Where has the problem always been? As dumb as it may sound you could always put down 5 cinder blocks (or something along those lines) then lay a 4x8 ft sheet of plywood over the blocks. Then put the air mattress on the plywood. Ghetto? yea, but it may work. I'm drawing a blank atm sorry. Been a long day in the office. Im sure someone else may have a better idea, hopefully.

9. NeedAValidUserName

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Jan 25 2011 15:47:18
    #

Login to Send PM

How about a layer of carpet tape around the perimeter of the air mattress? Is that likely to catch anything as long as it stays clean?

10. DustinBBKiller

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 26 2011 11:00:48
    #

Login to Send PM

That could work. I would try it out, see what happens. I've never used that specific item before so I can't really say first hand. As long as it's sticky enough it should work, though.

11. NeedAValidUserName

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 26 2011 13:25:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you. So far I haven't caught anything.

12. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 26 2011 15:15:41
    #

Login to Send PM

You could be having flare-ups of old bites. You could be showing a reaction to all the chemicals that are now in your environment or yes maybe a bug or two that has survived the bombardment.
    Add stress to the equation.
    Buy a steamer but don't steam until a few weeks after your last chemical spray.
    Steam will dilute the longevity of the chemicals.

13. DustinBBKiller

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 26 2011 15:40:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Pay attention to what lieutenantdan has to say as well. I'm just throwing out options (cheap as possible) just to see if anything really is going on. Because as LTdan says, there can been many different variables/factors that can play a big part in your specific case.

14. NeedAValidUserName

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 26 2011 16:10:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Will get the steamer. Thank you so much. I'm hoping that thf residual poisons will eventually kill whatever is left, and will continue to tape and monitor.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,328 posts in 50,173 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14