Something I find a bit odd

(6 posts)
  1. lrb

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 27 2011 18:25:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I had a treatment recently, and I showed the PCO the bed bug proof I have (bugs taped to a piece of paper) and put it back where I've been keeping it, and left so he could treat. I noticed as I was doing some tidying that my proof is gone. I think that he took it without my knowledge or consent.
    That isn't something I liked to have around anyway, but it was MY proof. He could be the only one to have taken it as he and I were the only ones in the apt that day, and since. Why would he do that? I know I could call and ask him, but that just confuses me. Isn't that theft? lol ya, I know, stolen bed bugs! Alert the authorities!
    I have a question about PCO's: Do you suppose that they could do a bad job on purpose just so you have to call them back in and have to pay them again? I'm not suggesting he did that or anything, but something I've been wondering about. Anyone have that experience? It's gotten to the point where I wonder if I should trust him.

2. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 27 2011 20:16:24
    #

Login to Send PM

There was another post where the PCO took the samples. It was an apartment complex, but I think the "sample owner" was asked if they could have the samples. Explanations given included that the PCOs sometimes use the samples to train new techs since many of them have never seen the life stages "in the real world". I can't find the link but I joined just a couple of months ago and am pretty sure it was during that time period.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  3. lrb

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 27 2011 20:52:53
    #

Login to Send PM

If he wanted to take them for those reasons, shouldn't he have asked me? What if I needed them for proof in court or something if it (probably won't) came to that? My trust for this guy dropped significantly. I will likely need a 4th treatment as the whole building is infested. That doesn't add up to me. Something seems awry about it. I'm starting to think he's more about the money and not about getting rid of the %$#%#$^ bugs. My sanity is already in question, I don't need anything more to attriubute to it's downfall.

4. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 27 2011 20:56:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I wish I could find the post. In that case, the person was asked for the sample but kind of wished they had kept it. It was a very similar case: an apartment complex, a PCO hired by the apartment complex, suspicion that the BBs were coming from a neighbor, etc. I can't find it but maybe someone else can.

It was considered suspicious by some that the "sample" was taken with the PCO. But, I can't recall much other than noting it's important to keep samples/proof.

5. lsdrg706

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 27 2011 23:48:30
    #

Login to Send PM

That post you are referring to was my thread.

While some members here thought it was suspicious and it raised my hackles, in the end after considering everything it truly wasn't malicious, as I later pointed out.

6. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 27 2011 23:57:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks LSDRG706, your posts (especially plot thickens) made an impression when I read them about the issues with apartments, schools, laundry rooms, etc....all things I've been concerned about...and it was driving me crazy that I couldn't find it.

I have no idea why PCOs take the evidence with them, but it sounds like it's common and not for nefarious (or however you spell it) purposes.

Hope you are doing ok. I need to update myself on your status. I just read your post from two weeks ago, and it sounds like you are down...rightfully so...since in Pennsylvania you have to pay for the extermination costs if you have lived there for more than 6 months...

Thanks again and fingers and toes crossed that things get better!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,214 posts in 50,140 topics over 155 months by 21,919 of 22,414 members. Latest: Bigworm, Cain69, Bery10