Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Social Etiquette when you have Bedbugs

(4 posts)
  1. smitha

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sun Apr 15 2018 23:11:03
    #

Login to Send PM

What is good public social etiquette when you have bedbugs? Do you avoid public places to keep from spreading the bugs? Like, when you have a cold, you try to contain it so that you don't infect others. Or if you have lice you might stay away from public places. Is it appropriate to just stay home when you have bedbugs?

2. Goingcrazy7400

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Apr 16 2018 7:19:41
    #

Login to Send PM

I don’t think you need to isolate yourself but do take precaution to avoid spreading them...don’t take bags of anything with you, wear freshly dried clothes that you put on right before you walk out the door, avoid having people over to your place, etc.

3. LittleRin

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Apr 16 2018 16:53:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I used to have a sealed garbage bag full of a week's worth of clothing that came straight out of a dryer so that I knew my clothes for that week were bed-bug free before going to work or anyone's home.

4. smitha

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Apr 16 2018 23:02:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the comments. I'm asking, because we were asked to not come to church until we were cleared by the pest control company. I wanted to know if there was a social etiquette when you have bed bugs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

275,944 posts in 45,404 topics over 138 months by 19,949 of 20,709 members. Latest: trailblazer, Bostonbugs1994, jtihonly