Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

So, this is a bit mysterious to me...

(7 posts)
  1. mbmedlen

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Jul 28 2012 16:58:23
    #

Login to Send PM

My 20 month old daughter keeps getting bitten in her sleep. The bites are super itchy and she says they hurt. She gets one or two at a time about every other night. This has been going on for a few weeks. There are, however, no signs of bedbugs. No fecal spots, no bugs, no casings (though her bedding is all white so the casings may be hard to spot) that we can see. We've searched her bed and bedding on several occasions. Could these bites still be from bedbugs? Or should we be looking for a different culprit? Additional information that may be helpful: we live near Dayton, Ohio and the temperature outside has been solid 90's or higher for quite a while...don't know if that helps. Any reply is appreciated! Thanks.

2. mbmedlen

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Jul 28 2012 17:02:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Also I forgot to mention that we do not have pets but we live in a townhouse that is connected to other units and the tenants several units down have a dog. I can't think of anything else that could be useful. If you need more info please ask. Thanks!

3. mbmedlen

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Jul 28 2012 17:29:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry...one more thing...she's even received a couple of bites on her head beneath her hair. Do bedbugs do that?

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Jul 28 2012 17:41:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Does she go somewhere regularly, like day care or to stay with someone during the day?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. mbmedlen

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Jul 28 2012 18:53:49
    #

Login to Send PM

She's just with me all day. We go to the nature preserve regularly but the bites seem to appear after she's been in bed.

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Jul 28 2012 19:12:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Fleas are possible, even without pets.

She may be reacting to bites which happened outside.

It may be bed bugs -- which may be leaving signs which will be visible but may be hard for you -- especially with no experience -- to find at the early stages. Passive monitors can be useful under the circumstances in confirming bed bugs are present -- you can find FAQs about passive monitors linked from the detection section of the Useful Stuff page or the detection FAQ.

There are also several models of plugin flea trap you can buy in a hardware store to rule out fleas. It's in the Bedbugger Amazon store linked from the Useful Stuff page also.

Note that you purchase monitors or other items through the links in the Useful Stuff pages or other banners on the site, it helps support the running of the site at no additional cost to you. See our disclosure statement for more on that.

7. mbmedlen

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Jul 28 2012 20:01:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay. I read about the passive monitors and we'll try those. Flea traps are a good idea too. Thank you very much.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,768 posts in 50,035 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,358 members. Latest: weluckyfew201, questioning_bugger, Mikayah