Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

small ROUND white 'eggs'

(3 posts)
  1. Grateful for Help

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Jul 1 2011 10:04:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok, so while doing weekly inspection under the couch (I need to find a way to get paid for this new part-time job I have of inspecting) I found on the bare hardwood floor, two patches of small white ROUND spheres, kind of stuck together, or drifted together. * The few other eggs we found a long time ago were definitely oval shaped, these are tiny round balls. I taped a couple and they sort of popped and squished inside the tape when I pressed them.

Could these be BB eggs? What other insect lays little patches of round eggs in a relatively unprotected area of floor?

Thanks, sorry if this is a waste of time question.
    ~Grateful for help

*(For those Homeopaths out there, they looked like the tiniest hard homeopathic pill size...).

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Jul 1 2011 10:36:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Never seen a round egg and given that variation of such a basic feature of bedbug biology is highly unlikely I would say its not likely to be an egg.

If you find more try and use a flat bed document scanner to get an image and post a link. Its so much easier to be certain with an image to work from.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. Grateful for Help

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Jul 1 2011 12:33:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, took a photo, but don't yet have an account to link to.

Will try to get that soon, since I also want to post scans of small round white 'bbs' with a black dot in their abdomen. I'm confused why they're the shape of adults, but teeny tiny, and clearish/white round, not tan/clearish and longer shaped like the photos of nymphs. They've been caught in my climbups.
    Thanks again.
    ~Grateful for Help

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,662 posts in 50,011 topics over 154 months by 21,869 of 22,351 members. Latest: pleasestop, paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me