small red spots, side of boxspring

(3 posts)
  1. clairered

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Jul 8 2018 10:08:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello. I moved into a new apartment a week ago that is unfortunately all carpeted. I have a mattress on a box spring but no bed frame. I have a cloth box spring cover (not one of the bed bug covers, just a basic one.) A few days ago, I saw a small, perfectly circular maroon spot on the boxspring that seemed to have leaked onto the boxspring cover as well. I inspected the side of the boxspring and saw some more identical spots, which were more on the middle of the boxspring (height wise) than the top. Unfortunately, I impulsively cleaned them all off, so I don't have a picture. (I know this was a very bad idea.) If this is helpful, they came off very easily with a washcloth and basic cleaner.

I have inspected the matress, sheets, pillows, et cetera and not found any stains. I did find some maroon discoloration on my pillow, which I've included a picture of here. I have black sheets unfortunately so I don't think stains would show up. I haven't felt bites while sleeping. I do feel a little itchy but I also just started a medication that causes itchiness. I've vacuumed the mattress, boxspring, and the area around the bottom of the boxspring. I also ordered a bed bug boxspring cover thats arriving today. I don't have any bites yet, but since I only moved in a week ago, I figure they wouldn't have appeared yet anyway. I also heat-dried my sheets, blankets, and clothes.

Reading over this post, it does seem a little paranoid. I had bed bugs in a different house (with a different mattress) two years ago and it was a very bad experience. I appreciate any insight, and again, sorry for the lack of pictures.

2. clairered

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Jul 8 2018 10:13:18
    #

Login to Send PM

[url=https://imgur.com/a/TOIiBie][/url]

sorry, here's a link to the pic

3. clairered

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Jul 8 2018 10:37:55
    #

Login to Send PM

fuck, found a bug in the tile bathroom attached to the carpeted bedroom. pic here: bug picture

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

276,179 posts in 45,459 topics over 138 months by 19,974 of 20,737 members. Latest: ihatebugsugh, Ladybeetle, bedBugsareSatanic