Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Small patch of bites

(5 posts)
  1. Orangeflower

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu May 31 2012 23:30:53
    #

Login to Send PM

So I'm a newbie and you may be sick of this type of question, but I obsess over things so here goes. My husband travels for work, when he returns, he keeps his suitcase outside until I check as best as I can. He travels a few times a month.

I was outside Monday during the and thought I felt a bite on my lower neck, I felt it and there were a ton of bumps, one larger one and like a cluster of 7 more. All in a space about 3 x3 inches. The thing that freaks me out is that some of the little bumps are in a line of 3 bumps and the only thing my Dr. google research says is bedbugs! I saw the little stinger hole in the large bite.

Since then I have check the beds with a flashlight inch by inch, even at 4 am! No other bites.

Any ideas? Think bb? Am I too influenced by google?! Lol

Thanks so much in advance. I worry about my little kids so I want to resolve this ASAP.

2. Orangeflower

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu May 31 2012 23:33:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry, I mean I was outside Monday in the day, and that I checked the beds and no evidence of BB but you all have taught me that's not definitive.

3. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu May 31 2012 23:53:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I've read (on this board) that BB don't necessarily bite in rows and that other irritations can mimic B-L-D. That said (due to the location), check where you sit, rather than the bed.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  4. brooklyn_bites

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jun 1 2012 0:18:20
    #

Login to Send PM

You think you may have been outside when you were bit? Maybe consider chiggers. If you're looking for 3 in a row, though, you will find them (regardless of cause). If you only got bites that one time, I would probably just leave it up to mystery and assume it was an outdoor creature.

5. Orangeflower

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jun 1 2012 1:02:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the replies! I think a wait and see approach is best. It's just that my skin is crawling feeling!! Hate this.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,305 posts in 50,167 topics over 155 months by 21,928 of 22,425 members. Latest: xterra888, MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies