(6 posts)
  1. bugsybedlone

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Fri Oct 26 2018 19:29:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,

My apartment was treated yesterday for what the PCO called a 'small' infestation. My room was the epicenter, and my roommate's room (right next to mine) had a few dead bodies but nothing live. The PCO used Temprid and Crossfire to treat the whole 5 room apartment, focusing on my room. I informed the PCO during their visit that I was planning on purchasing a new mattress/bed frame for reasons unrelated to the infestation, and asked when the best time to do that would be. They said I should get rid of the old mattress ASAP, and get a new one in soon. I got rid of the mattress and box spring almost immediately, and am currently waiting for the delivery of my new mattress, bed frame, and encasement by Tuesday. Meanwile, the PCO will be coming back within 7-10 days to treat again.

With that in mind, I can either sleep in the room on the floor with the bugs or I can sleep on a couch in the common room next to the room with the bugs until I get the rest of my new bed. I do realize the best option would have probably been to keep the old mattress until the new one arrived but we all know what they say about hindsight. Both rooms (and said couch) were generally treated by the PCO.

Which option is better for the overall long term goal of getting rid of these things? I did sleep in the living room on the couch last night, for full disclosure, because I'd gotten about 1.5 hours sleep over the past 48 hours and dreadfully needed it, but would be okay with moving to my room again if necessary. There is a rug on the floor that I'd be sleeping on as well.

2. Chronic

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Fri Oct 26 2018 19:57:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I slept on an exercise mat when we were being treated and I got rid of my bed. Helps to keep them from wandering to other rooms.

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 11 months ago
    Fri Oct 26 2018 20:14:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Best discussed with the person doing the treatment.

4. bugsybedlone

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Fri Oct 26 2018 21:35:40
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 1 hour ago  » 
    Best discussed with the person doing the treatment.

I suppose I should give them a call when it's not the middle of the night.

In the meantime, between then and now, what would you folks recommend?

5. WheelBugger

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Fri Oct 26 2018 22:26:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I slept on an inflatable mattress during treatment.

6. bugsybedlone

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Fri Oct 26 2018 22:31:21
    #

Login to Send PM

WheelBugger - 4 minutes ago  » 
    I slept on an inflatable mattress during treatment.

I wish I could! I've already spent so much money on this, I can't afford another temporary solution.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82