(8 posts)
  1. jpb3g

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Jul 16 2014 15:08:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,
    I had bed bugs in my apartment a couple years ago. They treated at least a dozen times before the problem was gone. I went probably a year without seeing one or being bitten, then just two weeks before moving into a house with some friends I woke up with a very itchy 3 bite pattern across my stomach. I was fearful the bugs had returned but hadn't found any other evidence and took every precaution while moving including washing and drying everything cloth I owned, throwing away my couches and tons of other non essential items, I emptied and sprayed down with Walmart purchased bed bug spray all of my hard furniture and mattress and box spring, got new sheets, pillows, and comforter, etc. I'm experienced with how many treatments they did for me so I felt the preventative job was thorough, and wasn't bite again at all before leaving that apartment.

I have lived at this new location for about two and a half weeks and am hoping I'm just paranoid. I noticed a bite on the back of my ankle one day after work and was hoping it was unrelated. Then I noticed a few other bites randomly on me and shrugged them off even though all these bites were itchy, I was hoping they were unrelated. Then one evening sitting on the couch I got a big itchy bite on my forearm and was hoping maybe spider or mosquito. I've gotten really worried now though because I was sitting on the couch a few days ago and got three smaller itchy bites in a pattern up my same forearm. Then the next day or two the exact same three bites again on the same forearm while on the couch again, both times during the day. No roommates have complained of bites but I have seen them scratch occasionally or see a red spot on them and worry it may be a bite. Is it possible I brought bed bugs into the house and they moved to the living room couch area? I have searched high and low and haven't found any evidence but I have seen some microscopic bugs but the more I search the internet the less I think these are bed bugs, although if these aren't bed bugs or biting bugs of any kind I wonder if it is bed bug bites and I just haven't found any other evidence yet.

The bugs I have physically seen are 1-2mm in length, nearly microscopic. Even with good eye sight I have to be within a few feet to see them moving on a wall. I have seen five of these bugs in the attached pictures. The pictures are bad because I had to zoom in really far with my iPhone for it to even capture anything that could maybe be recognized by shape, but hopefully they help. The first time I saw one of these was on my bedroom wall right after pulling my phone light out at night. The next two times were in the bathroom climbing towards the window sill right after I got up to use the restroom in the morning so maybe they traveled on me although no bites those days. The next time was a couple days ago on the wall near the couch and front door, then lastly just again on my bedroom wall while I've had the light on in here all night and sitting across the room in my computer chair. The bugs appear to be longer than a bedbug and more football shaped and I can't see any eyes or folds or distinguishing head or shape features similar to a bed bug. They are somewhat flat but not as flat as I remember. None of them appear to have been fed and when I crush them with a towel its almost a yellowish leftover. They appear to be dark colored then lighter when a flashlight is shined on them but don't have the normal level of translucence or organ makeup I remember seeing when I had bedbugs, but they do run at the same pace from the light. They have 6 feet and long antenna and I can't really distinguish if the front feet are forward or not. This house is riddled with small spiders too and there are several house plants. Any idea what these may be or if they bite?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Jul 16 2014 17:41:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not bedbugs.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. kkp

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Jun 26 2015 0:47:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Did you ever figure out what those are? We have found the same bug.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Jun 26 2015 1:22:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I think that might be a thrips. Hang on and I am sure Lou will see this soon.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. kkp

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Jun 26 2015 4:08:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Actually I think mine look slightly different although the same size...but I can't figure out how to post a pic...it asks for a url. How do I post a pic from my phone? Thanks

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Jun 26 2015 4:26:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Springtails, Collembola.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Jun 26 2015 10:05:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, Lou.

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Jun 26 2015 10:09:22
    #

Login to Send PM

kkp - 6 hours ago  » 
    Actually I think mine look slightly different although the same size...but I can't figure out how to post a pic...it asks for a url. How do I post a pic from my phone? Thanks

The FAQs about how to use the forums (linked from green stickies section) explain how to start a new thread and how to post a photo for ID:

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/how-to-use-the-forums

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,225 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,416 members. Latest: Bery10, plsnopls, Ldrago