SLC Bugz 'n Utah

(5 posts)
  1. caesg

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jul 8 2017 20:27:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Newbite Caesg, here. Currently, I am mostly just pouring over the website articles. I have a bed bug infestation in my current apartment (broke out in what I thought were hives when I moved in 6 months ago. Saw two bed bugs about 6 weeks ago. Put 2 and 2 together.) I just signed the lease on a new apartment (move is not because of the bed bugs. realize, ideally, I would've clamped down on infestation in current apartment) and I have 3 weeks to transition.

Looking forward to meeting everyone here over the coming weeks! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh icky icky itchy bed bugs.

2. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jul 8 2017 22:34:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the forum unfortunately. I'm sure you understand by now that you need to focus your research into how to move without bringing them with you. If you have the money and haven't looked into it already, look into having a moving truck fumigated with vikane if it's available to you. It's considered one of the best, if not the best, option for moving from an infestation.

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/
  3. caesg

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jul 10 2017 16:50:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, @mp7ski. I'll look in to the moving truck solution. I appreciate your input! I'm talking with the landlord, today. >_< Will report how that goes.

4. caesg

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jul 10 2017 17:07:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, I told Management. She flinch-cringed, insisted that they weren't there when I moved in because they inspect between each move in. She has an inspector in for someone else on Thursday, so the inspector will also drop in at my place on Thursday.

I wish it weren't so aversive to do the right thing.

5. caesg

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jul 11 2017 18:45:48
    #

Login to Send PM

PCOs came today and confirmed bed bugs. A silica dusting treatment starts next Wednesday.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19