Skin shedding I found, ID

(10 posts)
  1. evil11

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Aug 21 2019 12:23:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you please help? I found it on the wall, kind of hanging on to a string not visible to the eye.

2. evil11

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Aug 21 2019 12:24:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Here's the imgur link as well:

https://imgur.com/a/aVzNklw

3. pampas

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Aug 21 2019 13:55:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I guess the body is too long for a bedbug. Also, I see too many legs? Not an expert at all, but I see many bedbugs these days

4. evil11

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Aug 21 2019 14:14:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your reply! So you don't think it's a bed bug skin?

I had bed bugs once, 6 months ago, successfully treated them and since then I've been extremely paranoid, the stress is just too great.

5. pampas

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Aug 21 2019 14:32:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I still have them.

I don't think that is a bedbug, but an expert opinion will give you peace of mind.

It may look like a recently fed bedbug, they tend to be longer right after they feed, but I think I see too many legs. Are you sure it's a cast skin and not a whole insect?

However, I would say 99% not bb.

6. evil11

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Aug 21 2019 14:37:21
    #

Login to Send PM

It's definitely a cast skin, maybe the photos don't show it well but thanks again for the reply!

Also the weird thing is, is that I found it hanging on a wall, to a string that is naked to the human eye (similar to thin thread of a spider), a bb shell would def. be on a ground, I think?

Anyways, if you need help, the way I took care of the bugs is that I took my bed apart, wrapped every piece in plastic foil wrap, put it back together and then wrapped everything again, of course my mattress was wrapped as well, before I wrapped the mattress I sprayed it with a bug killer spray.

After doing this I took a rat glue and put glue on the legs of the bed, around the legs of the bed, on sides of the bed and around the bed. Haven't had bites since and all of the bugs got stuck on the glue, haven't seen them since and I haven't seen a single one for about 6 months.

7. pampas

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Aug 21 2019 14:44:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, my story is long and complicated. We are dealing with a big infestation which occurred on 11 apartments. But thanks for your input!

I use Cimexa and so far, my bed is clean again.

8. evil11

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Aug 21 2019 14:47:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Damn That sucks, good luck in resolving this issue, only we know how it is, who experienced this... This was an extremely stressful experience for me and I'm glad it's over, though today I did freak out and I can't stop thinking about them, though you saying it's 99% that it's not a bed bug casing does put me a bit at ease and I managed to relax a bit and listen to some music.

Thanks again for your reply, please anyone else, feel free to chime in.

9. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Aug 21 2019 15:36:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It’s a carpet beetle larval skin. If you search the forum there is a lot to read about them.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  10. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Aug 21 2019 15:37:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It’s a carpet beetle larval skin. If you search the forum there is a lot to read about them.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,693 posts in 50,017 topics over 155 months by 21,870 of 22,352 members. Latest: paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me, mrdinosaur