Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Skin Reaction to BB Poison

(8 posts)
  1. lemmy_88

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Mar 3 2011 7:21:18
    #

Login to Send PM

We've had 2 treatments for bed bugs, the last one about 3 weeks ago. Since the first treatment, my partner and I have had very very dry itchy skin.

We are not actually 100% convinced the bugs are gone, but we don't think the reaction is due to bites. The dry skin area is large, and visibly just dry skin or a reaction of some sort. I also am prone to eczema to sticks out a lot.

Has anyone else had this reaction, to presumbably what is the poison? We were told to clean our apartment really well 8 hours after they had been in and sprayed the place. Is it just that we didn't do this well enough? Although we thought we did it very thoroughly. We also weren't told to clean the walls, but presumably they got poison on the too? Should we have done this?

Something else to mention is that a couple items that were in the room that was sprayed appear to have what looks like dried poison on them, but it could also be that the poison has just bleeched the item, because it is very difficult to remove even after scrubbing.

So I guess my question is, who else has had this problem, and what if anything can be done to stop the reaction?

Thanks...

2. bedbugman

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Mar 3 2011 7:54:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you know what products were used, did they leave any paperwork?

3. lemmy_88

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Mar 3 2011 8:37:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, good question. I'm currently living in germany, so don't know if it varies or not. but I think the handwriting on the form says, Lamducybulolhim...? Or something...

4. bedbugman

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Mar 4 2011 4:45:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Demand CS over here not sure if its the same name over in germany.
    In the uk its labelled for crack and crevice application only.

5. charlesroland

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jul 29 2011 0:28:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I know some remedies for dry/ itchy skin. However consult to any skin doctor before applying these remedies for poison problem on skin. My friend was suffering with dry skin problem due to less humidity in air. She tried aloe vera gel and got better result. There are other home remedies also available for dry skin in homeremediesfinder . Try to get better result.

6. Rosae

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jul 29 2011 5:13:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, Lambda Cyhalothrin can cause skin reactions. Redness, rash, itching.

7. Rosae

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jul 29 2011 5:21:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Maybe it is good that it is hard to remove?

8. Rosae

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jul 29 2011 5:40:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Did they apply the same pesticide twice?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,863 posts in 45,896 topics over 139 months by 20,212 of 21,020 members. Latest: Lima Rosa, afraidofbugs18, Bbt25