Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Situation Update and Questions!

(4 posts)
  1. bedoozled

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Feb 25 2013 11:20:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Just an update on my situation, and a few questions about the course things are taking

After having the PCO come and confirm and do a brief initial spray last Wednesday, the 20th, I spent the days between now and then (Monday the 25th) drying and bagging clothes, and inspecting and boxing items, per his instructions. I've found and bagged one live bug (Tuesday the 19th, which sparked everything) and then a dead one in between Wednesday and Today, after his initial light spray. Other than that, no evidence to be seen (to my uneducated eye) of eggs, spots, adult bugs etc.) So far, I've had four little clusters of bites (one on my elbow, a little over a month ago - the first, I think, that either of us got - two on my calves, one on my inner thigh. My sister however has suffered many more, all over!)

He's back this morning to do a full room treatment (although unreassuringly, forgot what apartment he was visiting and that it wasn't just an inspection) - so far he's spent 40 minutes spraying my bedroom with Bedlam Plus, and has begun to move on to my sisters' (and roommate!). Spraying, with follow-ups, and the advice to examine regularly, will be the extent of the work this PCO does (which is the service the building management provides). Are there any health issues I should be worried about with Bedlam Plus?

I had a few questions for him - what to do with leather bags, or shoes - and his advice was again to exame, possibly vacuum, but that if I didn't see anything it wasn't a big deal. I also asked him about the other rooms in the apartment, and he said if we hadn't seen any bugs, or gotten any bites in the other rooms, it wasn't an issue (which I was also skeptical about).

Some of my worries - if he's spraying the bedrooms, what's to stop the bugs from migrating to the rest of the apartment? To the neighboring apartments?? Any tips or advice would be really appreciated - if there are more things I should be doing on my end to combat the bugs, if I should inform my neighbors of the issue (my building is very reluctant to notify them - in fact, I'm almost certain we got our "guests" when an apartment on the same floor, right next to the elevator, got them a month ago, and no one on the floor was informed), if I should ask the building-hired PCO to do anything else or look into hiring an outside company, etc.

Thank you in advance for any help!

2. bedoozled

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Feb 25 2013 11:26:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Just one more note - he spent about 20 minutes spraying my sisters (which is bigger!), left some monitors around, and advised me to keep my eyes peeled.

3. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Feb 25 2013 22:17:27
    #

Login to Send PM

bumping for expert

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  4. bedoozled

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Feb 26 2013 19:21:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks - would really appreciate any thoughts : ) Right now, still haven't seen any signs past the two first bugs and initial bites - no new bites or bugs signs since this past weekend. I can't decide if that's reassuring (really small infestation now taken care of?) or worrying (some secret stash of bugs hidden where we can't find them, coming out only to nip?). Thanks!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,800 posts in 49,806 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991