SITE CHANGES 08/11! Please read.

(6 posts)
  1. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Aug 12 2008 1:13:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I made a few tweaks Monday night. One was to drop all the old "green stickies" and tidy things up. There's now a "How to use the forums" post in the green stickies. I am not calling it the forums FAQs, because this may cause confusion, but that's what it basically is.

Any other announcements will be posted there (as this one was). I will delete them in a week or so. So watch this space.

There's a new Quotes function I am experimenting with. Please read this thread and try your hand at quoting. If this quoting function is a hassle, we will put it on ice until a more user-friendly version is available. Thanks in advance for leaving your feedback on that thread.

I also tweaked the stuff at the top of the main forums page: you'll now see an "Online now" list. This was something we had back in the day but it got removed for awhile with a software update. Users requested it be brought back. It shows registered users who are online. See what you think.

You can also now see when someone was last on the forums by looking at their profile. This is helpful if you have private messaged someone and are wondering if they have logged on since then. Again, this is a feature we used to have that was removed for awhile due to a software update, but is now available again.

I also removed the google search which allowed you to search Bedbugger.com or the Forums specifically, and replaced it with a forums-only search box in the same location (bottom of main page) as well as under each forum topic thread (right under the box you'd use to reply). It's a little clunky looking, but seems to work well.

You can still search the blog via the Bedbugger.com sidebar. Let me know how this new forum search engine works for you, and if you want the other one back, I will consider it.

Your feedback on this is welcomed below.

I think that's it!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Aug 14 2008 0:32:44
    #

Login to Send PM

One more thing: it appears that the blog and forum are keeping you logged in now, if you go from one to the other. A glitch made this not work for a while.

Please watch the "green stickies" space-- when I have updates you should know about, they will be posted there.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Jan 20 2009 12:58:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Can we please have the search box relocated to the top of the forum screen to help people to search before posting. The wider the problem spreads the faster the forums move and it might help those dropping in for a quick question in finding the answers faster.

David

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Jan 21 2009 16:36:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I will work on that, thanks David!

5. Marixpress

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Apr 21 2009 11:32:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Nice new look!!

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Apr 23 2009 0:12:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, Marixpress! I am still working on compatibility with IE6 (which is not displaying right...) but otherwise, it seems to be a success.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,690 posts in 49,530 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982